Last Posted: Mar 14, 2023
- Automated Monkeypox Skin Lesion Detection Using Deep Learning and Transfer Learning Techniques.
Ameera S Jaradat et al. International journal of environmental research and public health 2023 20(5)
- A deep-learning algorithm to classify skin lesions from mpox virus infection.
Alexander H Thieme et al. Nature medicine 2023
- MonkeyNet: A robust deep convolutional neural network for monkeypox disease detection and classification.
Diponkor Bala et al. Neural networks : the official journal of the International Neural Network Society 2023 161757-775
- Use of Wastewater for Mpox Outbreak Surveillance in California.
Wolfe Marlene K et al. The New England journal of medicine 2023 1
- Development of an amplicon-based sequencing approach in response to the global emergence of human monkeypox virus
NFG Chen et al, MEDRXIV, January 13, 2023
- Human monkeypox diagnose (HMD) strategy based on data mining and artificial intelligence techniques.
Saleh Ahmed I et al. Computers in biology and medicine 2022 152106383
- Detection of Monkeypox Virus DNA in Airport Wastewater, Rome, Italy.
La Rosa Giuseppina et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2022 12 (1)
- A Multi-Laboratory Evaluation of Commercial Monkeypox Molecular Tests
O Erster et al, MEDRXIV, November 29, 2022
- Evaluating the accuracy of self-collected swabs for the diagnosis of monkeypox.
Ubals Maria et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2022 11
- Exploration of wastewater surveillance for Monkeypox virus
EM Meijia et al, MEDRXIV, November 14, 2022
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.