Health Equity PHGKB
Last Posted: Dec 03, 2020
- Common determinants of severe Covid-19 infection are explicable by SARS-CoV-2 secreted glycoprotein interaction with the CD33-related Siglecs, Siglec-3 and Siglec-5/14.
Murch Simon H, et al. Medical hypotheses 2020 11 0. 110168
- COVID-19 in children with underlying chronic respiratory diseases: survey results from 174 centres.
Moeller Alexander, et al. ERJ open research 2020 10 0. (4)
- Racial disparities in COVID-19 mortality across Michigan, United States
AS Parpia et al, MEDRXIV, December 2, 2020
- How COVID vaccines are being divvied up around the world
A Mullard, Nature News, November 30, 2020
- Incidence of inherited metabolic disorders in southern Israel: a comparison between consanguinity and non-consanguinity communities.
Hazan G et al. Orphanet journal of rare diseases 2020 15(1) 331
- MEK inhibitors reduce cellular expression of ACE2, pERK, pRb while stimulating NK-mediated cytotoxicity and attenuating inflammatory cytokines relevant to SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Zhou Lanlan, et al. Oncotarget 2020 11 0. (46) 4201-4223
- COVID-19 and Social Distancing: Disparities in Mobility Adaptation by Income
K Lio et al, ARXIV, November 25, 2020
- Regional Adoption of Commercial Gene Expression Testing for Prostate Cancer.
Leapman Michael S et al. JAMA oncology 2020 Nov
- An interfaith dialogue with Sir William Osler: crossing the divide of COVID-19 pandemic.
Kopel Jonathan, et al. Journal of community hospital internal medicine perspectives 2020 9 0. (5) 391-395
- The frequency of combined IFITM3 haplotype involving the reference alleles of both rs12252 and rs34481144 is in line with COVID-19 standardized mortality ratio of ethnic groups in England.
Nikoloudis Dimitris, et al. PeerJ 2020 0 0. e10402
- The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices' Ethical Principles for Allocating Initial Supplies of COVID-19 Vaccine - United States, 2020.
McClung Nancy et al. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report 2020 Nov (47) 1782-1786
- COVID-19 Genome Surveillance at International Airport Quarantine Stations in Japan.
Sekizuka Tsuyoshi et al. Journal of travel medicine 2020 Nov
- Exploring the Social Drivers of Health During a Pandemic: Leveraging Knowledge Graphs and Population Trends in COVID-19.
Bettencourt-Silva Joao H, et al. Studies in health technology and informatics 2020 11 0. 6-11
- Treating Opioid Use Disorder in Puerto Rico During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Providers' Leadership Efforts in Unprecedented Times.
Quiñones Darlene Santiago, et al. Journal of addiction medicine 2020 11 0.
- Acute cardiac injury in adult hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Zhuhai, China.
Jin Lizi, et al. Cardiovascular diagnosis and therapy 2020 10 0. (5) 1303-1312
- Prevent COVID-19 deaths by prioritizing interventions for Hispanic, Latino, and Black populations in the US
IHME, November 24, 2020
- Pseudo-likelihood based logistic regression for estimating COVID-19 infection and case fatality rates by gender, race, and age in California.
Xiong Di, et al. Epidemics 2020 11 0. 100418
- How to structure an oncogenetics service for the public health system: Report of the implementation of the first service in Northeastern Brazil.
Nogueira Camila Sampaio et al. Cancer genetics 2020 Nov 250-2516-11
- Flip the clinic: a digital health approach to youth mental health service delivery.
Davenport Tracey A, et al. JMIR mental health 2020 11 0.
- Predicting spatial and temporal responses to non-pharmaceutical interventions on COVID-19 growth rates across 58 counties in New York State: A prospective event-based modeling study on county-level sociological predictors.
Xiao Yunyu, et al. JMIR public health and surveillance 2020 11 0.
- CDC Information (12)
- COVID-19 (278)
- NIH Information (7)
- CDC Publications (6)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (3126)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (324)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (34)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (5)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (1)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (130)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (9)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (30)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (61)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.