Last Posted: Jul 20, 2019
- It Is Now Time to Focus on Risk Before Age 40.
Gidding Samuel S et al. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2019 Jul (3) 342-345
- Making precision medicine personal for cystic fibrosis
C Manfredi et al, Science, July 19, 2019
- Use of Twitter to Promote Awareness of Familial Hypercholesterolemia
H Bangash et al, Circulation: Genomics and Precision Medicine, July 15, 2019
- Prevalence and Cardiovascular Health Impact of Family History of Premature Heart Disease in the United States: Analysis of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 20072014
Mooneshinghe R, et al. Journal of the American Heart Association. 2019;8
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: What Is It and Who Gets It?
By Jessica Mao, M.D., Erin Michos, M.D., M.H.S., Vasanth Sathiyakumar, M.D., Cat Davis Ahmed, and Seth Martin, M.D., U.S. News, July 11, 2019
- Enhancement of Risk Prediction With Machine Learning-Rise of the Machines
JA Rymer et al, JAMA Cardiology, July 10, 2019
- Role of Big Data in Cardiovascular Research
WS Weintraub, JAHA, July 11, 2019
- Systolic Blood Pressure and Risk of Valvular Heart Disease- A Mendelian Randomization Study
M Nazarzadeh et al, JAMA Cardiology, July 10, 2019
- A familys medical mystery sheds light on the surprising ways disease-causing genes can be inherited
A Joseph, Stat News, July 8, 2019
- Variability in aspirin efficacy: all in the genes?
Baigent Colin et al. European heart journal 2019 Jul
- Experimental gene therapy for hemophilia shows early promise
D Garde, Stat News, July 5, 2019
- NIH scientists link genetics to risk of high blood pressure among blacks
NIH News Release, July 3, 2019
- The Community Counts Data Visualization Tool
- Blood and sputum protein biomarkers for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Moon Ji-Yong et al. Expert review of proteomics 2018 15(11) 923-935
- First-line Chemotherapy Responsiveness and Patterns of Metastatic Spread Identify Clinical Syndromes Present Within Advanced KRAS Mutant Non-Small-cell Lung Cancer With Different Prognostic Significance.
Iams Wade T et al. Clinical lung cancer 2018 19(6) 531-543
- Identification of Fabry Disease in a Tertiary Referral Cohort of Patients with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.
Maron Martin S et al. The American journal of medicine 2018 131(2) 200.e1-200.e8
- PCSK9 in cholesterol metabolism: from bench to bedside.
Reiss Allison B et al. Clinical science (London, England : 1979) 2018 132(11) 1135-1153
- SleepOMICS: How Big Data Can Revolutionize Sleep Science.
Bragazzi Nicola Luigi et al. International journal of environmental research and public health 2019 16(2)
- Using Full Genomic Information to Predict Disease: Breaking Down the Barriers Between Complex and Mendelian Diseases.
Jordan Daniel M et al. Annual review of genomics and human genetics 2018 19289-301
- Causal associations between potentially modifiable risk factors and the Alzheimer's phenome: A Mendelian randomization study
SJ Andrews et al, BioRXIV preprints, July 2 , 2019
- CDC Information (160)
- NIH Information (361)
- CDC Publications (207)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (41036)
- GWAS Studies (847)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (1873)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (239)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (143)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (75)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (144)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (386)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (119)
- Reviews/Commentaries (1648)
- Tools/Methods (55)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (39)
Common HLBS Health Topics
- Heart and Vascular Diseases
- Lung Diseases
- Blood Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
Quick Links to Other Resources
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Jul 20, 2019
- Content source: