Last Posted: Sep 13, 2019
- Heart Failure in the Era of Precision Medicine: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association.
Cresci Sharon et al. Circulation. Genomic and precision medicine 2019 Sep HCG0000000000000058
- Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol goal achievement in patients with familial hypercholesterolemia in countries outside Western Europe: The International ChoLesterol management Practice Study.
Blom Dirk J et al. Journal of clinical lipidology (4) 594-600
- Scotland strikes deal to offer cystic fibrosis drugs
B Christie, BMJ, September 13, 2019
- Creating genetic reports that are understood by nonspecialists: a case study.
Recchia Gabriel et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2019 Sep
- How Immunotherapy Might Be Used to Treat Heart Failure- Modified immune cells may be trained not just to attack cancer, but any cells in the body that cause disease
G Kolata, NY Times, September 11, 2019
- Genetic Risk of Arrhythmic Phenotypes in Patients With Dilated Cardiomyopathy
M Gigli et al. JACC, September 2019
- The influence of the microbiome on respiratory health.
Wypych Tomasz P et al. Nature immunology 2019 Sep
- Transfusion Complications Monitoring
- Association of a School-Based, Asthma-Focused Telehealth Program With Emergency Department Visits Among Children Enrolled in South Carolina Medicaid.
Bian John et al. JAMA pediatrics 2019 Sep
- Contribution of genetics to visceral adiposity and its relation to cardiovascular and metabolic disease
T Karlsson et al, Nature Medicine, September 9, 2019
- First gene therapy for β-thalassemia approved
C Harrison, Nature Biotechnology, September 9, 2019
- New Opportunities With School-Based Telehealth: Convenient Connections to Care.
Frey Sean M et al. JAMA pediatrics 2019 Sep
- Successful engraftment of gene-corrected hematopoietic stem cells in non-conditioned patients with Fanconi anemia
P Rio et al, Nature Medicine, September 9, 2019
- Thirtieth Anniversary of Cystic Fibrosis Gene Discovery
Francis Collins, NIH Director's blog, August 2019
- Predictive value of genomic screening: cross-sectional study of cystic fibrosis in 50,788 electronic health records
JP Sugunarajav et al, NPJ Genomic Medicine, September 5, 2019
- Assessment of Deep Learning Using Nonimaging Information and Sequential Medical Records to Develop a Prediction Model for Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer.
Wang Hsiao-Han et al. JAMA dermatology 2019 Sep
- Practical Approach to Genetic Testing for Primary Immunodeficiencies.
Chinen Javier et al. Annals of allergy, asthma & immunology : official publication of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology 2019 Aug
- Randomized clinical trial of computerized PAINRelieveIt® for patients with sickle cell disease: PAINReportIt® and PAINUCope®.
Dyal Brenda W et al. Patient education and counseling 2019 Aug
- Social network interventions for health behaviours and outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
Hunter Ruth F et al. PLoS medicine 2019 Sep 16(9) e1002890
- The epidemiology of sickle cell disease in children recruited in infancy in Kilifi, Kenya: a prospective cohort study.
Uyoga Sophie et al. The Lancet. Global health 2019 Aug
- CDC Information (164)
- NIH Information (363)
- CDC Publications (215)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (42754)
- GWAS Studies (863)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (2073)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (326)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (173)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (117)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (213)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (386)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (119)
- Reviews/Commentaries (1789)
- Tools/Methods (56)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (40)
Common HLBS Health Topics
- Heart and Vascular Diseases
- Lung Diseases
- Blood Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
Quick Links to Other Resources
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 30, 2019
- Page last updated:Sep 15, 2019
- Content source: