Last Posted: May 20, 2019
- Asthma severity, nature or nurture: genetic determinants.
Raby Benjamin A et al. Current opinion in pediatrics 2019 Jun (3) 340-348
- Connected Health Technology for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Management.
Wongvibulsin Shannon et al. Current treatment options in cardiovascular medicine 2019 May (6) 29
- Seven-point genetic testing may identify more patients with FH
Healio Cardiology, May 18, 2019
- Using Genetics to Plan Future Randomized Trials of Lipoprotein(a) Lowering-How Much Reduction, for How Long, and in Whom?
Thanassoulis George et al. JAMA cardiology 2019 Apr
- Cystic Fibrosis Patients Turn to Experimental Phage Therapy
A Ellin, NY Times, May 17, 2019
- A prediction model of blood pressure for telemedicine.
Kwong Enid Wai-Yung et al. Health informatics journal 2018 24(3) 227-244
- Are digital interventions for smoking cessation in pregnancy effective? A systematic review and meta-analysis.
Griffiths Sarah Ellen et al. Health psychology review 2018 12(4) 333-356
- Association between a Genetic Risk Score Based on Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms of Coronary Artery Disease-Related Genes and Left Main Coronary Artery Disease.
Xu Zhengxi et al. BioMed research international 2018 20188610368
- Automated deep-neural-network surveillance of cranial images for acute neurologic events.
Titano Joseph J et al. Nature medicine 2018 24(9) 1337-1341
- B 2 adrenergic receptor gene polymorphism effect on childhood asthma severity and response to treatment.
Alghobashy Ashgan Abdallah et al. Pediatric research 2018 83(3) 597-605
- Cardiologist-level arrhythmia detection and classification in ambulatory electrocardiograms using a deep neural network.
Hannun Awni Y et al. Nature medicine 2019 25(1) 65-69
- Interventional study to improve diabetic guidelines adherence using mobile health (m-Health) technology in Lahore, Pakistan.
Hashmi Noreen Rahat et al. BMJ open 2018 8(5) e020094
- Is smoking heaviness causally associated with alcohol use? A Mendelian randomization study in four European cohorts.
Taylor Michelle et al. International journal of epidemiology 2018 47(4) 1098-1105
- Mobile health intervention for youth with sickle cell disease: Impact on adherence, disease knowledge, and quality of life.
Anderson Lindsay M et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2018 65(8) e27081
- Screening for cardiac contractile dysfunction using an artificial intelligence-enabled electrocardiogram.
Attia Zachi I et al. Nature medicine 2019 25(1) 70-74
- Using Artificial Intelligence in an Intelligent Way to Improve Efficiency of a Heart Failure Care Team.
Weber Griffin M et al. Journal of cardiac failure 2018 24(6) 363-364
- LDL-C goal achievement in patients with familial hypercholesterolaemia in countries outside Western Europe: The International ChoLesterol management Practice Study (ICLPS)
Blom DJ, et al. Journal of Clinical Lipidology. May 14, 2019
- A clinical, proteomics, and artificial intelligence-driven model to predict acute kidney injury in patients undergoing coronary angiography.
Ibrahim Nasrien E et al. Clinical cardiology 2019 Feb 42(2) 292-298
- Development of a Genetic Score to Predict an Increase in HDL Cholesterol Concentration After a Dietary Intervention in Adults with Metabolic Syndrome.
Guevara-Cruz Martha et al. The Journal of nutrition 2019 May
- Lifestyle and cancer incidence and mortality risk depending on family history of cancer in two prospective cohorts.
Drake Isabel et al. International journal of cancer 2019 May
- CDC Information (156)
- NIH Information (361)
- CDC Publications (206)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (40787)
- GWAS Studies (844)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (1715)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (232)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (133)
- Genomic Tests Tier Table (34)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (386)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (119)
- Reviews/Commentaries (1522)
- Tools/Methods (53)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (36)
Common HLBS Health Topics
- Heart and Vascular Diseases
- Lung Diseases
- Blood Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
Quick Links to Other Resources
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:May 20, 2019
- Content source: