Last Posted: Dec 19, 2019
- Utility of Genomic Testing after Renal Biopsy.
Murray Susan L et al. American journal of nephrology 2019 Dec 51(1) 43-53
- A novel metabarcoded DNA sequencing tool for the detection of Plasmodium species in malaria positive patients
A Wahab et al, BIORXIV, November 201
- From genomics to targeted treatment in haematological malignancies: a focus on acute myeloid leukaemia.
Jakobsen Niels Asger et al. Clinical medicine (London, England) 2018 18(Suppl 2) s47-s53
- Better Genetic Testing Guidelines Needed to Identify More At-Risk Patients
Managed Care Executive, September 25, 2019
- Synchronicity of genetic variants between primary sites and metastatic lymph nodes, and prognostic impact in nodal metastatic lung adenocarcinoma.
Ito Masaoki et al. Journal of cancer research and clinical oncology 2019 Sep 145(9) 2325-2333
- Prospects of genetic testing for steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome in Nigerian children: a narrative review of challenges and opportunities.
Anigilaje Emmanuel Ademola et al. International journal of nephrology and renovascular disease 2019 12119-136
- Sociodemographic determinants associated with parental knowledge of screening services for thalassemia major in Lahore.
Manzoor Iram et al. Pakistan journal of medical sciences 35(2) 483-488
- Developing a Diagnostic Decision Support System for Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo Using a Deep-Learning Model.
Lim Eun-Cheon et al. Journal of clinical medicine 2019 May 8(5)
- Evaluating a New International Risk-Prediction Tool in IgA Nephropathy.
Barbour Sean J et al. JAMA internal medicine 2019 Apr
- Impact of an innovative financing and payment model on tuberculosis patients' financial burden: is tuberculosis care more affordable for the poor?
Jiang Wei-Xi et al. Infectious diseases of poverty 2019 Mar 8(1) 21
- [Pulmonary arterial hypertension as leading manifestation of methylmalonic aciduria: clinical characteristics and gene testing in 15 cases].
Liu X Q et al. Beijing da xue xue bao. Yi xue ban = Journal of Peking University. Health sciences 2017 49(5) 768-777
- Recent trends in treatment of thalassemia.
El-Beshlawy Amal et al. Blood cells, molecules & diseases 2019 Feb
- Prospective Detection of Germline Mutation of Fumarate Hydratase in Women With Uterine Smooth Muscle Tumors Using Pathology-based Screening to Trigger Genetic Counseling for Hereditary Leiomyomatosis Renal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome: A 5-Year Single Institutional Experience.
Rabban Joseph T et al. The American journal of surgical pathology 2019 Feb
- Whole-Exome Sequencing Enables a Precision Medicine Approach for Kidney Transplant Recipients.
Mann Nina et al. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology : JASN 2019 Jan
- Applying comprehensive histologic assessment and genetic testing to synchronous multifocal lung adenocarcinomas and further survival analysis.
Xiao Fei et al. Chinese medical journal 2019 Jan
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.