Last Posted: Mar 15, 2022
- Artificial intelligence in glomerular diseases.
Schena Francesco P et al. Pediatric nephrology (Berlin, Germany) 2022
- Genetic kidney diseases as an underrecognized cause of chronic kidney disease: the key role of international registry reports.
Torra Roser et al. Clinical kidney journal 2021 14(8) 1879-1885
- Positive renal familial history in IgA nephropathy is associated with worse renal outcomes: a single-center longitudinal study.
Sato Yoshinori et al. BMC nephrology 2021 22(1) 230
- Utility of Genomic Testing after Renal Biopsy.
Murray Susan L et al. American journal of nephrology 2019 Dec 51(1) 43-53
- Prospects of genetic testing for steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome in Nigerian children: a narrative review of challenges and opportunities.
Anigilaje Emmanuel Ademola et al. International journal of nephrology and renovascular disease 2019 12119-136
- Evaluating a New International Risk-Prediction Tool in IgA Nephropathy.
Barbour Sean J et al. JAMA internal medicine 2019 Apr
- Whole-Exome Sequencing Enables a Precision Medicine Approach for Kidney Transplant Recipients.
Mann Nina et al. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology : JASN 2019 Jan
- The genetics and molecular pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) in populations of different ancestry.
Goulielmos George N et al. Gene 2018 May
- Prevalence of Fabry disease in dialysis patients: Japan Fabry disease screening study (J-FAST).
Saito Osamu et al. Clin. Exp. Nephrol. 2015 Jul 22.
- The Irish Kidney Gene Project - Prevalence of Family History in Patients with Kidney Disease in Ireland.
Connaughton Dervla M et al. Nephron 2015 Jul 18.
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.