Last Posted: Nov 15, 2018
- New ACC/AHA Cholesterol Guideline Allows For More Personalized Care; New Treatment Options
American College of Cardiology, November 10, 2018
- Role of mesenchymal stem cells exosomes derived microRNAs; miR-136, miR-494 and miR-495 in pre-eclampsia diagnosis and evaluation.
Motawi Tarek M K et al. Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2018 Sep 65913-21
- Next generation sequencing and the impact on prenatal diagnosis.
Mellis Rhiannon et al. Expert review of molecular diagnostics 2018 Jul
- Schizophrenia risk genes are not so risky if the mothers pregnancy was healthy
S Begley, Stat News, May 28, 2018
- Is it time to move towards non-invasive prenatal screening for Down syndrome and screening for pre-eclampsia?
Wang Rui et al. BJOG : an international journal of obstetrics and gynaecology 2018 Mar 125(4) 397-398
- Genetic and non-genetic risk factors for pre-eclampsia: an umbrella review of systematic reviews and meta-analyses of observational studies.
Giannakou Konstantinos et al. Ultrasound in obstetrics & gynecology : the official journal of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2017 Nov
- Implications of failure to achieve a result from prenatal maternal serum cell-free DNA testing: a historical cohort study.
Chan Noni et al. BJOG : an international journal of obstetrics and gynaecology 2017 Nov
- Babies? DNA affects mothers? risk of pre-eclampsia in pregnancy, study finds
Science Mag, June 19, 2017
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis: a national multicenter obstetric and neonatal follow-up study.
Bay Bjorn et al. Fertility and sterility 2016 Nov 106(6) 1363-1369.e1
- Frequency of the CCR5-delta32 allele in Brazilian populations: A systematic literature review and meta-analysis.
Silva-Carvalho Wlisses Henrique Veloso et al. Infection, genetics and evolution : journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 2016 Sep 43101-7
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
- NIH Information (2)
- COVID-19 (10)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (285)
- GWAS Studies (1)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (4)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (3)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (2)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (1)
- Reviews/Commentaries (9)
- Tools/Methods (1)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.