Last Posted: Mar 22, 2019
- A cytochrome P450 allele confers pyrethroid resistance on a major African malaria vector, reducing insecticide-treated bednet efficacy.
Weedall Gareth D et al. Science translational medicine 2019 Mar (484)
- A pilot precision medicine trial for children with diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma - PNOC003: a report from the Pacific Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Consortium.
Mueller Sabine et al. International journal of cancer 2019 Mar
- Basics to Fundamentals on Spina Bifida: Resources for the Practicing Primary Care Clinician
April 16, 2019, 1:00 pm EST ~ American Academy of Pediatrics Webinar
- Bilateral prophylactic mastectomy in BRCA mutation carriers: what surgeons need to know.
Franceschini Gianluca et al. Annali italiani di chirurgia 2019 901-2
- BRACAVENIR: an observational study of expectations and coping in young women with high hereditary risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
Kwiatkowski Fabrice et al. Hereditary cancer in clinical practice 2019 177
- BRCA mutation testing for first-degree relatives of women with high-grade serous ovarian cancer.
Kwon Janice S et al. Gynecologic oncology 2019 Mar 152(3) 459-464
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Diagnosis, Primary Care and Emergency Room Care
April 30, 2019, 1:00pm EST ~ American Academy of Pediatrics
- Machine learning analysis of gene expression data reveals novel diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers and identifies therapeutic targets for soft tissue sarcomas.
van IJzendoorn David G P et al. PLoS computational biology 2019 15(2) e1006826
- Noninvasive prenatal testing for chromosome aneuploidies and subchromosomal microdeletions/microduplications in a cohort of 8141 single pregnancies.
Hu Hua et al. Human genomics 2019 Mar 13(1) 14
- Precision Medicine and Exercise Therapy in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
Kostek Matthew et al. Sports (Basel, Switzerland) 2019 Mar 7(3)
- Familial colorectal cancer risk in half siblings and siblings: nationwide cohort study.
Tian Yu et al. BMJ (Clinical research ed.) 2019 Mar l803
- Applications of CRISPR systems in respiratory health: Entering a new 'red pen' era in genome editing.
Moses Colette et al. Respirology (Carlton, Vic.) 2019 Mar
- Community Perspectives on Contraception in the Context of the Zika Virus in the U.S. Virgin Islands: Implications for Communication and Messaging.
Brittain Anna W et al. Women's health issues : official publication of the Jacobs Institute of Women's Health 2019 Mar
- Correlating CFTR Function with Clinical Features to Inform Precision Treatment of Cystic Fibrosis.
McCague Allison F et al. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine 2019 Mar
- Effectiveness of plasma lyso-Gb3 as a biomarker for selecting high-risk patients with Fabry disease from multispecialty clinics for genetic analysis.
Maruyama Hiroki et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2019 21(1) 44-52
- Feline herpesvirus vectored-rabies vaccine in cats: A dual protection.
Chen Teng et al. Vaccine 2019 Mar
- Rethinking newborn screening for severe combined immunodeficiency: Lessons from an international partnership for patients with primary immunodeficiencies in Pakistan.
Wallace Jacqueline G et al. Clinical immunology (Orlando, Fla.) 2019 Mar
- Use of whole exome sequencing in the NICU: Case of an extremely low birth weight infant with syndromic features.
Kuehne Benjamin et al. Molecular and cellular probes 2019 Mar
- Precision medicine in resistant Tuberculosis: Treat the correct patient, at the correct time, with the correct drug.
Mahomed Sharana et al. The Journal of infection 2019 Mar
- World TB Day 2019
- CDC Information (154)
- NIH Information (6402)
- CDC Genomics Publications (741)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (185)
- Epidemiologic Studies (35035)
- GWAS Studies (500)
- Translation/Implementation Studies (2400)
- Evidence Synthesis (305)
- Guidelines (178)
- Tier Table (62)
- Reviews/Commentaries (1426)
- Tools/Methods (43)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (43)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Mar 22, 2019
- Content source: