Last Posted: May 18, 2019
- Cystic Fibrosis Patients Turn to Experimental Phage Therapy
A Ellin, NY Times, May 17, 2019
- Automated deep-neural-network surveillance of cranial images for acute neurologic events.
Titano Joseph J et al. Nature medicine 2018 24(9) 1337-1341
- Distillation of the clinical algorithm improves prognosis by multi-task deep learning in high-risk Neuroblastoma.
Maggio Valerio et al. PloS one 2018 13(12) e0208924
- Isocitrate dehydrogenase mutations in defining the biology of and supporting clinical decision making in glioblastoma.
Kálovits Ferenc et al. Ideggyogyaszati szemle 2018 Jul 71(7-08) 237-247
- Omics techniques and biobanks to find new biomarkers for the early detection of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in middle-income countries: a perspective from Mexico.
Aguirre-Guillén William Alejandro et al. Boletin medico del Hospital Infantil de Mexico 74(3) 227-232
- Point-of-care, smartphone-based, dual-modality, dual-view, oral cancer screening device with neural network classification for low-resource communities.
Uthoff Ross D et al. PloS one 2018 13(12) e0207493
- Using two smartphones to look for corneal cystine crystals.
Bose Swaha et al. Digital journal of ophthalmology : DJO 2019 Jan 25(1) 12-15
- Novel Nanochip Paves Way for Early Ovarian Cancer Detection.
Abbasi Jennifer et al. JAMA 2019 May (18) 1759
- A 4-gene panel predicting the survival of patients with glioblastoma.
Guo Xiao-Xia et al. Journal of cellular biochemistry 2019 May
- A report on state-wide implementation of newborn screening for X-linked Adrenoleukodystrophy.
Wiens Katie et al. American journal of medical genetics. Part A 2019 May
- Accuracy in risk understanding among BRCA1/2-mutation carriers.
Speiser Dorothee et al. Patient education and counseling 2019 May
- Clinical practice recommendations for the diagnosis and management of X-linked hypophosphataemia.
Haffner Dieter et al. Nature reviews. Nephrology 2019 May
- Next-generation sequencing of BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes for rapid detection of germline mutations in hereditary breast/ovarian cancer.
Nicolussi Arianna et al. PeerJ 2019 7e6661
- Priorities when deciding on participation in early-phase gene therapy trials for Duchenne muscular dystrophy: a best-worst scaling experiment in caregivers and adult patients.
Paquin Ryan S et al. Orphanet journal of rare diseases 2019 May 14(1) 102
- Recommendations for Clinical CYP2C9 Genotyping Allele Selection: A Joint Recommendation of the Association for Molecular Pathology and College of American Pathologists.
Pratt Victoria M et al. The Journal of molecular diagnostics : JMD 2019 May
- The influence of BRCA variants of unknown significance on cancer risk management decision-making.
Chern Jing Yi et al. Journal of gynecologic oncology 2019 Feb
- Universal tumor DNA BRCA1/2 testing of ovarian cancer: prescreening PARPi treatment and genetic predisposition.
Vos Janet R et al. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2019 May
- Deep learning-based survival prediction of oral cancer patients.
Kim Dong Wook et al. Scientific reports 2019 May 9(1) 6994
- Developing a Diagnostic Decision Support System for Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo Using a Deep-Learning Model.
Lim Eun-Cheon et al. Journal of clinical medicine 2019 May 8(5)
- Direct Genetics Referral Pathway for High-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer Patients: The "Opt-Out" Process.
McGee Jacob et al. Journal of oncology 2019 20196029097
- CDC Information (147)
- NIH Information (6404)
- CDC Publications (768)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (35366)
- GWAS Studies (518)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (2568)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (314)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (185)
- Genomic Tests Tier Table (62)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (2747)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (212)
- Reviews/Commentaries (1525)
- Tools/Methods (45)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (44)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:May 20, 2019
- Content source: