Last Posted: Sep 12, 2019
- Children with rare inherited condition to benefit from drug through managed access agreement
NICE, UK, September 11, 2019
- Creating genetic reports that are understood by nonspecialists: a case study.
Recchia Gabriel et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2019 Sep
- CRISPR-Edited Stem Cells in a Patient with HIV and Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia.
Xu Lei et al. The New England journal of medicine 2019 Sep
- Genetic Risk of Arrhythmic Phenotypes in Patients With Dilated Cardiomyopathy
M Gigli et al. JACC, September 2019
- First gene therapy for β-thalassemia approved
C Harrison, Nature Biotechnology, September 9, 2019
- Successful engraftment of gene-corrected hematopoietic stem cells in non-conditioned patients with Fanconi anemia
P Rio et al, Nature Medicine, September 9, 2019
- Clinical Validation of PBRM1 Alterations as a Marker of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Response in Renal Cell Carcinoma.
Braun David A et al. JAMA oncology 2019 Sep
- Thirtieth Anniversary of Cystic Fibrosis Gene Discovery
Francis Collins, NIH Director's blog, August 2019
- Effect of Metformin Plus Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors Compared With Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors Alone in Patients With Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor–Mutated Lung Adenocarcinoma
JAMA Oncology, September 5, 2019
- Predictive value of genomic screening: cross-sectional study of cystic fibrosis in 50,788 electronic health records
JP Sugunarajav et al, NPJ Genomic Medicine, September 5, 2019
- What you need to know about ovarian cancer
- Newborn Screening for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency.
Taki Mohammed et al. Pediatric clinics of North America 2019 Oct 66(5) 913-923
- Synchronicity of genetic variants between primary sites and metastatic lymph nodes, and prognostic impact in nodal metastatic lung adenocarcinoma.
Ito Masaoki et al. Journal of cancer research and clinical oncology 2019 Sep 145(9) 2325-2333
- Therapeutic relevance of targeted sequencing in management of patients with advanced biliary tract cancer: DNA damage repair gene mutations as a predictive biomarker.
Chae Heejung et al. European journal of cancer (Oxford, England : 1990) 2019 Aug 12031-39
- A nation-wide genetic analysis of inherited retinal diseases in Israel as assessed by the Israeli inherited retinal disease consortium (IIRDC).
Sharon Dror et al. Human mutation 2019 Aug
- A Proposal to Reflect Survival Difference and Modify the Staging System for Lung Adenocarcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Based on the Machine Learning.
Li Ming et al. Frontiers in oncology 2019 9771
- Allergic eye disease in children and adolescents seeking eye care in India: Electronic medical records driven big data analytics report II.
Das Anthony Vipin et al. The ocular surface 2019 Aug
- Artificial Intelligence in the Management of Glioma: Era of Personalized Medicine.
Sotoudeh Houman et al. Frontiers in oncology 2019 9768
- Current Status of Clinical Diagnosis and Genetic Analysis of Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia in South Korea: Multicenter Case Series and a Systematic Review.
Kim Donghyun et al. Neurointervention 2019 Sep 14(2) 91-98
- Genetic testing in fetuses with isolated agenesis of the corpus callosum.
She Qin et al. The journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine : the official journal of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians 2019 Aug 1-201
- CDC Information (155)
- NIH Information (6404)
- CDC Publications (809)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (37185)
- GWAS Studies (524)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (2943)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (420)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (242)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (165)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (93)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (2747)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (212)
- Reviews/Commentaries (1783)
- Tools/Methods (50)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (50)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 30, 2019
- Page last updated:Sep 15, 2019
- Content source: