Last Posted: Aug 11, 2023
- Spreading awareness of sickle cell trait and its possible complications A better understanding of the trait is crucial for both patients and providers
M Shaniqua, Sickle Cell New, August 2023
- Detection of acute dengue virus infection, with and without concurrent malaria infection, in a cohort of febrile children in Kenya, 2014-2019, by clinicians or machine learning algorithms.
David M Vu et al. PLOS Glob Public Health 2023 3(7) e0001950
- Why we need more Black blood donors to treat sickle cell anemia
SB Peter, CNN, June 27, 2023
- Effectiveness of intermittent screening and treatment of malaria in pregnancy on maternal and birth outcomes in selected districts in Rwanda: A cluster randomized controlled trial.
Aline Uwimana et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2023
- Hydroxyurea for Children with Sickle Cell Disease in sub-Saharan Africa: A Summary of the Evidence, Opportunities, and Challenges.
Daniel Dexter et al. Pharmacotherapy 2023
- WebGIS-Based Real-Time Surveillance and Response System for Vector-Borne Infectious Diseases.
Momna Javaid et al. International journal of environmental research and public health 2023 20(4)
- Artificial intelligence-based tools applied to pathological diagnosis of microbiological diseases.
Stefano Marletta et al. Pathology, research and practice 2023 243154362
- Patient-level performance evaluation of a smartphone-based malaria diagnostic application.
Hang Yu et al. Malaria journal 2023 22(1) 33
- A molecular barcode and web-based data analysis tool to identify imported Plasmodium vivax malaria.
Trimarsanto Hidayat et al. Communications biology 2022 5(1) 1411
- The science events to watch for in 2023 Moon landings, mRNA vaccines and climate finance are among the developments set to shape research in the coming year.
M Naddaf et al, Nature, December 19, 2022
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.