Last Posted: Dec 01, 2022
- Reemergence of Cholera in Haiti.
Rubin Daniel H F et al. The New England journal of medicine 2022 11
- The effect of climate change on cholera disease: The road ahead using artificial neural network.
Asadgol Zahra et al. PloS one 2019 14(11) e0224813
- 'Six million lives could be saved by 2030' through data science,
by Gilbert Nakweya, Sci Dev Net, October 10, 2019
- Harnessing data and technology for public health: five challenges
- Can tracking people through phone-call data improve lives?
A Maxmen, Nature News, May 28, 2019
- Better Cholera Counts Through Machine Learning Models.
Abbasi Jennifer et al. JAMA 2019 Apr (14) 1343
- Genomics can help to monitor cholera- Sequence data from whole genomes let researchers track the spread of strains worldwide.
Nature editorial, January 21, 2019
- Genomic insights into the 2016-2017 cholera epidemic in Yemen.
Weill François-Xavier et al. Nature 2019 Jan
- Mystery of Yemen cholera epidemic solved- Bacteria's genomes reveal that the most likely source of the disease came from Eastern Africa and entered Yemen with the migration of people in and out of the region
Wellcome Sanger Institute, January 2, 2019
- Wellcome Sanger Institute at 25: how the genomic revolution is changing medicine
Wellcome Sanger, September 2018
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.