Last Posted: May 25, 2021
- Partial recovery of visual function in a blind patient after optogenetic therapy
JA Sahel et al, Nature Medicine, May 24, 2021
- Molecular Genetics of Inherited Retinal Degenerations in Icelandic patients.
Thorsteinsson Daniel A et al. Clinical genetics 2021
- CNGB1-related rod-cone dystrophy: a mutation review and update.
Nassisi Marco et al. Human mutation 2021
- The need for widely available genomic testing in rare eye diseases: an ERN-EYE position statement.
Black Graeme C et al. Orphanet journal of rare diseases 2021 16(1) 142
- Gene therapy for inherited retinal diseases: progress and possibilities.
Hu Monica L et al. Clinical & experimental optometry 2021 1-11
- Current Clinical Applications of in vivo Gene Therapy with AAVs.
Mendell Jerry R et al. Molecular therapy : the journal of the American Society of Gene Therapy 2020 Dec
- Deep Learning-Based Classification of Inherited Retinal Diseases Using Fundus Autofluorescence.
Miere Alexandra et al. Journal of clinical medicine 2020 Oct 9(10)
- Clinical Phenotype and Course of PDE6A-Associated Retinitis Pigmentosa Disease, Characterized in Preparation for a Gene Supplementation Trial
L Kuehlwein et al, JAMA Dermatology, October 15, 2020
- Genetic testing for inherited eye conditions in over 6,000 individuals through the eyeGENE network.
Goetz Kerry E et al. American journal of medical genetics. Part C, Seminars in medical genetics 2020 Sep
- Implementation of a registry and open access genetic testing program for inherited retinal diseases within a non-profit foundation.
Mansfield Brian C et al. American journal of medical genetics. Part C, Seminars in medical genetics 2020 Aug e31825
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.