Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Last Posted: Mar 12, 2020
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Education Series
American Academy of Pediatrics
- [Clinical practice guidelines for Duchenne muscular dystrophy].
Writing Group For Practice Guidelines For Diagnosis And Treatment Of Genetic Diseases Medical Genetics Branch Of Chinese Medical Association et al. Zhonghua yi xue yi chuan xue za zhi = Zhonghua yixue yichuanxue zazhi = Chinese journal of medical genetics 2020 Mar 37(3) 258-262
- Is it the right time for an infant screening for Duchenne muscular dystrophy?
Vita Gian Luca et al. Neurological sciences : official journal of the Italian Neurological Society and of the Italian Society of Clinical Neurophysiology 2020 Feb
- Quantitative coordination evaluation for screening children with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
An Jian et al. Chaos (Woodbury, N.Y.) 2020 Feb 30(2) 023116
- Comprehensive genetic diagnosis of patients with Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy (DMD/BMD) and pathogenicity analysis of splice site variants in the DMD gene.
Yang Yan-Mei et al. Journal of Zhejiang University. Science. B 20(9) 753-765
- Molecular and Histopathological Characterization of Patients Presenting with the Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Phenotype in a Tertiary Care Center in Southern India.
Tallapaka Karthik et al. Indian pediatrics 2019 56(7) 556-559
- Clinical Development on the Frontier: Gene Therapy for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
Asher Damon R et al. Expert opinion on biological therapy 2020 Feb
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy
H Fox et al, BMJ, January 2020
- Gene therapy as a potential therapeutic option for Duchenne muscular dystrophy: A qualitative preference study of patients and parents.
Landrum Peay Holly et al. PloS one 2019 14(5) e0213649
- Longitudinal serum biomarker screening identifies malate dehydrogenase 2 as candidate prognostic biomarker for Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Signorelli Mirko et al. Journal of cachexia, sarcopenia and muscle 2019 Dec
- Detection of collagens by multispectral optoacoustic tomography as an imaging biomarker for Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Regensburger Adrian P et al. Nature medicine 2019 Dec 25(12) 1905-1915
- Genetic analysis of 62 Chinese families with Duchenne muscular dystrophy and strategies of prenatal diagnosis in a single center.
Zhang Jingjing et al. BMC medical genetics 2019 Nov 20(1) 180
- New CRISPR tool has the potential to correct almost all disease-causing DNA glitches, scientists report
S Begley. Stat News, October 21, 2019
- Delays in diagnosis of Duchenne muscular dystrophy: an evaluation of genotypic and sociodemographic factors.
Counterman Kevin J et al. Muscle & nerve 2019 Oct
- Diagnosis of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in Italy in the last decade: Critical issues and areas for improvements.
D'Amico Adele et al. Neuromuscular disorders : NMD 2017 May 27(5) 447-451
- CDC Information (2)
- NIH Information (1)
- CDC Publications (5)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (62)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (4)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (3)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (1)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (1)
- Reviews/Commentaries (52)
- Tools/Methods (7)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.