Last Posted: Apr 07, 2023
- Predicting Measles Outbreaks in the United States: Evaluation of Machine Learning Approaches.
Boshu Ru et al. JMIR formative research 2023 7e42832
- Vaccinomics: A scoping review.
Matthew Z Dudley et al. Vaccine 2023
- Understanding Public Perceptions of Measles from Twitter Using Multi-Task Convolutional Neural Networks.
Wang Samuel et al. Studies in health technology and informatics 2022 290607-611
- Comparison of machine learning algorithms applied to symptoms to determine infectious causes of death in children: national survey of 18,000 verbal autopsies in the Million Death Study in India.
Idicula-Thomas Susan et al. BMC public health 2021 21(1) 1787
- Health impact of routine immunisation service disruptions and mass vaccination campaign suspensions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic: Multimodel comparative analysis of disruption scenarios for measles, meningococcal A, and yellow fever vaccination in 10 low- and lower middle-income countries
K Gaythorpe et al, MEDRXIV, January 26, 2021
- Mapping routine measles vaccination in low- and middle-income countries
Local Burden of Disease, Nature, December 2020
- Vaccinomics and Adversomics in the Era of Precision Medicine: A Review Based on HBV, MMR, HPV, and COVID-19 Vaccines.
Omersel Jasna et al. Journal of clinical medicine 2020 Nov 9(11)
- An Inactivated Virus Candidate Vaccine to Prevent COVID-19
MJ Mulligan, JAMA, August 13, 2020
- Application of Twitter and web news mining in infectious disease surveillance systems and prospects for public health.
Jahanbin Kia et al. GMS hygiene and infection control 2019 14Doc19
- Cancer Patient Says Question Could Save Lives: 'Do You Have Eastern European Jewish Ancestry?'
C Goldberg, WBUR, August 21, 2019
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.