Last Posted: Sep 11, 2020
- Evaluation of CDC's Hemophilia Surveillance Program - Universal Data Collection (1998-2011) and Community Counts (2011-2019), United States.
Schieve Laura A et al. Morbidity and mortality weekly report. Surveillance summaries (Washington, D.C. : 2002) 2020 Sep (5) 1-18
- BIVV001 Fusion Protein as Factor VIII Replacement Therapy for Hemophilia A.
Konkle Barbara A et al. The New England journal of medicine 2020 Sep (11) 1018-1027
- Prevalence of FVIII Inhibitors Among Children with Hemophilia A: Experience at the Jordanian Royal Medical Services.
Oudat Raida et al. Medical archives (Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina) 2020 Jun 74(3) 187-190
- Beliefs and Values About Gene Therapy and In-Utero Gene Editing in Patients with Hemophilia and Their Relatives.
Vasquez-Loarte Tania C et al. The patient 2020 Aug
- How I manage pregnancy in carriers of hemophilia and patients with von Willebrand disease.
Leebeek Frank W G et al. Blood 2020 Aug
- Inherited Bleeding Disorders in North Indian Children: 14 years' Experience from a Tertiary Care Center.
Sahoo Tanushree et al. Indian journal of hematology & blood transfusion : an official journal of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion 2020 Apr 36(2) 330-336
- Investigational Hemophilia A Gene Therapy Shows Sustained Benefit
J Abbasi, JAMA, February 11, 2020
- Establishing the Prevalence and Prevalence at Birth of Hemophilia in Males: A Meta-analytic Approach Using National Registries.
Iorio Alfonso et al. Annals of internal medicine 2019 Sep
- Off to College Toolkit
Hemophilia Federation of America, 2019
- The national blueprint for future basic and translational research to understand factor VIII immunogenicity: NHLBI State of the Science Workshop on factor VIII inhibitors.
Meeks Shannon L et al. Haemophilia : the official journal of the World Federation of Hemophilia 2019 Jul 25(4) 595-602
- Experimental gene therapy for hemophilia shows early promise
D Garde, Stat News, July 5, 2019
- The Community Counts Data Visualization Tool
- New Opportunities and Challenges in Hemophilia Care: 2019 Update
CDC Public Health Seminar, June 6, 2019
- How to discuss gene therapy for haemophilia? A patient and physician perspective.
Miesbach Wolfgang et al. Haemophilia : the official journal of the World Federation of Hemophilia 2019 May
- Emergency Preparedness Info for People with Blood Disorders
- Update on Molecular Testing in von Willebrand Disease.
Batlle Javier et al. Seminars in thrombosis and hemostasis 2019 Apr
- Preventing lives affected by hemophilia: A mixed methods study of the views of adults with hemophilia and their families toward genetic screening.
Boardman Felicity K et al. Molecular genetics & genomic medicine 2019 Mar e618
- Women with bleeding disorders.
Hermans C et al. Haemophilia : the official journal of the World Federation of Hemophilia 2018 May 29-36
- Women can have hemophilia, too
- Real Stories from People Living with Hemophilia
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
- CDC Information (18)
- NIH Information (8)
- COVID-19 (3)
- CDC Publications (10)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (134)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (3)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (4)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (1)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (7)
- Reviews/Commentaries (13)
- Tools/Methods (1)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.