Last Posted: Oct 16, 2021
- Evidence Used to Update the List of Underlying Medical Conditions Associated with Higher Risk for Severe COVID-19
CDC Science Brief, October 14, 2021
- Hedgehog signaling pathway gene variant influences bronchopulmonary dysplasia in extremely low birth weight infants.
Amatya Shaili, et al. World journal of pediatrics : WJP 2021 4
- Identification of variation in nutritional practice in neonatal units in England and association with clinical outcomes using agnostic machine learning.
Greenbury Sam F et al. Scientific reports 2021 11(1) 7178
- Single nucleotide vitamin D receptor polymorphisms (FokI, BsmI, ApaI, and TaqI) in the pathogenesis of prematurity complications.
Kosik Katarzyna, et al. Scientific reports 2020 0 (1) 21098
- Therapy for Apnoea of Prematurity: A Retrospective Study on Effects of Standard Dose and Genetic Variability on Clinical Response to Caffeine Citrate in Chinese Preterm Infants.
He Xin, et al. Advances in therapy 2020 11
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia predicted at birth by artificial intelligence.
Verder Henrik et al. Acta paediatrica (Oslo, Norway : 1992) 2020 Jun
- Exome sequencing of extreme phenotypes in bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
Hadchouel Alice, et al. European journal of pediatrics 2019 12
- Identification of genetic factors underlying persistent pulmonary hypertension of newborns in a cohort of Chinese neonates.
Liu Xu, et al. Respiratory research 2019 8 (1) 174
- A polymorphism in the glucocorticoid receptor gene is associated with refractory hypotension in premature infants.
Ogasawara Kei, et al. Pediatrics and neonatology 2018 0 (3) 251-257
- Genetic variation in CRHR1 is associated with short-term respiratory response to corticosteroids in preterm infants at risk for bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
Lewis Tamorah, et al. Pediatric research 2019 4 (5) 625-633
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.