Last Posted: Mar 06, 2015
- An official American Thoracic Society statement: diagnosis and management of beryllium sensitivity and chronic beryllium disease.
Balmes John R et al. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2014 Nov 15. (10) e34-59
- Beryllium and other metal-induced lung disease.
Mayer Annyce et al. Curr Opin Pulm Med 2015 Mar (2) 178-84
- Chronic beryllium disease, HLA-DPB1, and the DP peptide binding groove.
Silveira Lori J et al. J. Immunol. 2012 Oct 15. (8) 4014-23
- Exposure and genetics increase risk of beryllium sensitisation and chronic beryllium disease in the nuclear weapons industry.
Van Dyke Michael V et al. Occup Environ Med 2011 Nov (11) 842-8
- Genetic susceptibility to beryllium: a case-referent study of men and women of working age with sarcoidosis or other chronic lung disease.
Cherry Nicola et al. Occup Environ Med 2015 Jan (1) 21-7
- HLA class II DPB1 and DRB1 polymorphisms associated with genetic susceptibility to beryllium toxicity.
Rosenman K D et al. Occup Environ Med 2011 Jul (7) 487-93
- Risk of chronic beryllium disease by HLA-DPB1 E69 genotype and beryllium exposure in nuclear workers.
Van Dyke Mike V et al. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2011 Jun 15. (12) 1680-8
- CDC Beryllium Research
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- Toxic Substances Portal - Beryllium
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Beryllium disease
From NCATS Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.