Last Posted: Nov 24, 2020
- Transparency, trust, and community welfare: towards a precision public health ethics framework for the genomics era.
Juengst Eric T et al. Genome medicine 2020 Nov 12(1) 98
- A population approach of rifampicin pharmacogenetics and pharmacokinetics in Mexican patients with tuberculosis.
Medellin-Garibay Susanna Edith et al. Tuberculosis (Edinburgh, Scotland) 2020 Aug 124101982
- Genetics of inherited cardiomyopathies in Africa.
Shaboodien Gasnat et al. Cardiovascular diagnosis and therapy 2020 Apr 10(2) 262-278
- Pharmacogenetic Association between NAT2 Gene Polymorphisms and Isoniazid Induced Hepatotoxicity: Trial Sequence Meta-analysis as Evidence.
Khan Saif et al. Bioscience reports 2018 Dec
- A Proposed Approach for Implementing Genomics-Based Screening Programs for Healthy Adults
M. Murray and the Genomics and Population Health Action Collaborative, National Academies of Medicine, December 3, 2018
- Machine Learning
NIH Catalyst, July 2018
- Cancer Scientists Have Ignored African DNA in the Search for Cures
J Wapner, Newsweek, July 2018
- Pharmacogenomics in Papua New Guineans: unique profiles and implications for enhancing drug efficacy while improving drug safety.
Tucci Joseph D et al. Pharmacogenetics and genomics 2018 Jun 28(6) 153-164
- What is Whole Genome Sequencing?
K Grant, Public Health Matters Blog, May 2018
- Gene Editing for Good: How CRISPR Could Transform Global Development
B Gates, Foreign Affairs, Apr 10, 2018
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
- CDC Information (15)
- NIH Information (5)
- COVID-19 (122)
- CDC Publications (70)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (1271)
- GWAS Studies (17)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (21)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (1)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (20)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (619)
- Reviews/Commentaries (26)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.