Sickle Cell Anemia
Last Posted: Oct 22, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Patients with Hemoglobinopathies.
Yesilipek M Akif et al. Hemoglobin 2020 Oct 1-8
- An Innovative Multilevel Test for Hemoglobinopathies: TGA/Chemometrics Simultaneously Identifies and Classifies Sickle Cell Disease From Thalassemia.
Risoluti Roberta et al. Frontiers in molecular biosciences 2020 7141
- Fetal Hemoglobin in Sickle Cell Anemia.
Steinberg Martin H et al. Blood 2020 Aug
- Performance of ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes for identifying children with Sickle Cell Anemia.
Reeves Sarah L et al. Health services research 2020 Jan
- Health outcomes and services in children with sickle cell trait, sickle cell anemia, and normal hemoglobin.
Reeves Sarah L et al. Blood advances 2019 May 3(10) 1574-1580
- Could a cure be close for sickle cell anemia?
CBS, 60 Minutes, March 8, 2019
- Premarital Screening and Genetic Counseling Program: Studies from an Endogamous Population.
Bener Abdulbari et al. International journal of applied & basic medical research 9(1) 20-26
- A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of a Pilot Neonatal Screening Program for Sickle Cell Anemia in the Republic of Angola.
McGann Patrick T et al. The Journal of pediatrics 2015 Dec 167(6) 1314-9
- Point-of-Care Screening for Sickle-Cell Disease in Low-Resource Settings: a Multi-Center Evaluation of HemoTypeSC, a Novel Rapid Test.
Steele Cindy et al. American journal of hematology 2018 Oct
- Description of criteria for near miss in high-complexity obstetric population with sickle cell anemia: an observational study.
Burgos Luna Juan Manuel et al. The journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine : the official journal of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians 2018 Sep 1-6
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
- NIH Information (3)
- COVID-19 (2)
- CDC Publications (2)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (145)
- GWAS Studies (7)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (26)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (2)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (9)
- Reviews/Commentaries (27)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (2)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.