Last Posted: Mar 15, 2023
- Antecedent infections, recent developments and future directions in Guillain-Barré syndrome.
Iqbal Rashid, et al. JPMA. The Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association 2023 0 (1) 117-124
- Essential role of autophagy in restricting poliovirus infection revealed by identification of an ATG7 defect in a poliomyelitis patient.
Brinck Andersen Nanna-Sophie, et al. Autophagy 2020 0 (9) 2449-2464
- Wastewater Testing and Detection of Poliovirus Type 2 Genetically Linked to Virus Isolated from a Paralytic Polio Case — New York, March 9–October 11, 2022
AB Ryerson et al, MMWR, October 29, 2022
- Public Health Response to a Case of Paralytic Poliomyelitis in an Unvaccinated Person and Detection of Poliovirus in Wastewater — New York, June–August 2022
RL Gellis et al, MMWR August 16, 2022
- Twitter Conversations and English News Media Reports on Poliomyelitis in Five Different Countries, January 2014 to April 2015.
Schaible Braydon J et al. The Permanente journal 2019 23
From NCATS Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
- Fcgamma receptor IIIA polymorphism as a risk factor for acute poliomyelitis.
Rekand Tiina, et al. The Journal of infectious diseases 2002 12 (12) 1840-3
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by Public Health Genomics Branch to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Oct 1, 2023
- Page last updated:Dec 02, 2023
- Content source: