Last Posted: Sep 12, 2019
- Creating genetic reports that are understood by nonspecialists: a case study.
Recchia Gabriel et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2019 Sep
- Predictive value of genomic screening: cross-sectional study of cystic fibrosis in 50,788 electronic health records
JP Sugunarajav et al, NPJ Genomic Medicine, September 5, 2019
- Prenatal genetic testing for cystic fibrosis: a systematic review of clinical effectiveness and an ethics review.
Kessels Sharon J M et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2019 Aug
- Vertex sinks on reports of deaths of patients taking cystic fibrosis drug
D Garde, Stat News, August 28, 2019
- Emerging non-genetic therapies for sickle cell disease.
Carden Marcus A et al. Haematologica 2019 Aug
- Exercise testing and exercise training within cystic fibrosis centres across Australia and New Zealand: what is considered important and what is current practice?
Sawyer Abbey et al. Internal medicine journal 2019 Aug
- Innovative Therapies for Cystic Fibrosis: The Road from Treatment to Cure.
Cabrini Giulio et al. Molecular diagnosis & therapy 2019 23(2) 263-279
- Recent progress in translational cystic fibrosis research using precision medicine strategies.
Cholon Deborah M et al. Journal of cystic fibrosis : official journal of the European Cystic Fibrosis Society 2018 17(2S) S52-S60
- Advances In Gene Therapy For Cystic Fibrosis Lung Disease.
Yan Ziying et al. Human molecular genetics 2019 Jul
- Making precision medicine personal for cystic fibrosis.
Manfredi Candela et al. Science (New York, N.Y.) 2019 365(6450) 220-221
- Positive Newborn Screening for Cystic Fibrosis, What to Do Next?
Kumar Prawin et al. Indian journal of pediatrics 2019 Jul
- Interventions for treating neuropathic pain in people with sickle cell disease.
Asnani Monika R et al. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews 2019 Jul 7CD012943
- [Selection of lung transplant candidates in France in 2019].
Falque L et al. Revue des maladies respiratoires 2019 Apr 36(4) 508-518
- Unraveling the CFTR Function-Phenotype Connection for Precision Treatment in Cystic Fibrosis.
Zemanick Edith T et al. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine 2019 May 199(9) 1053-1054
- Epidemiology of rare diseases detected by newborn screening in the Czech Republic.
David Jan et al. Central European journal of public health 2019 Jun 27(2) 153-159
- CDC Information (3)
- NIH Information (7)
- CDC Publications (7)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (656)
- GWAS Studies (4)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (167)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (25)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (13)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (22)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (28)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (24)
- Reviews/Commentaries (149)
- Tools/Methods (2)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (6)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.