Last Posted: Apr 02, 2020
- Genetic testing in male infertility - reassessing screening thresholds.
Liu James L et al. Current opinion in urology 2020 May 30(3) 317-323
- Comparison of US Federal and Foundation Funding of Research for Sickle Cell Disease and Cystic Fibrosis and Factors Associated With Research Productivity
F Farook et al, JAMA Network Open, March 27, 2020
- Cystic Fibrosis: A Simple and Customized Strategy for Genetic Screening Able to Detect Over 90% of Identified Mutated Alleles in Brazilian Newborns.
Rispoli Thaiane et al. Molecular diagnosis & therapy 2020 Mar
- Newborn Screening for Cystic Fibrosis in Mersin Province: Yearly Assessment of the National Program.
Özdemir Ali et al. Turkish thoracic journal 2020 Mar 21(2) 100-104
- Current and future diagnosis of cystic fibrosis: Performance and limitations.
Bienvenu T et al. Archives de pediatrie : organe officiel de la Societe francaise de pediatrie 2020 Feb 27 Suppl 1eS19-eS24
- Genetic counseling for cystic fibrosis: A basic model with new challenges.
Bieth E et al. Archives de pediatrie : organe officiel de la Societe francaise de pediatrie 2020 Feb 27 Suppl 1eS30-eS34
- Genetic diagnosis in practice: From cystic fibrosis to CFTR-related disorders.
Pagin A et al. Archives de pediatrie : organe officiel de la Societe francaise de pediatrie 2020 Feb 27 Suppl 1eS25-eS29
- Cost of precision medicine at a referral center for cystic fibrosis.
Marson Fernando Augusto Lima et al. Jornal brasileiro de pneumologia : publicacao oficial da Sociedade Brasileira de Pneumologia e Tisilogia 2020 Mar 46(2) e20190308
- Minimal change in structural, functional and inflammatory markers of lung disease in newborn screened infants with cystic fibrosis at one year.
Davies Gwyneth et al. Journal of cystic fibrosis : official journal of the European Cystic Fibrosis Society 2020 Feb
- [Italian Cystic Fibrosis Registry (ICFR). Report 2015-2016].
Giordani Barbara et al. Epidemiologia e prevenzione 43(4S1) 1-36
- Applying whole-genome sequencing in relation to phenotype and outcomes in siblings with cystic fibrosis.
Wilk Melissa A et al. Cold Spring Harbor molecular case studies 2020 Feb 6(1)
- Opportunities for machine learning to transform care for people with cystic fibrosis.
Abroshan Mahed et al. Journal of cystic fibrosis : official journal of the European Cystic Fibrosis Society 2020 Jan 19(1) 6-8
- Cystic fibrosis heterozygosity: Carrier state or haploinsufficiency?
Fisman David et al. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2020 Jan
- Expanded carrier screening for preconception reproductive risk assessment: Prevalence of carrier status in a Mexican population.
Hernandez-Nieto Carlos et al. Prenatal diagnosis 2020 Jan
- Two years of newborn screening for cystic fibrosis in Turkey: Çukurova experience.
Sasihüseyinoglu Ayse Senay et al. The Turkish journal of pediatrics 2019 61(4) 505-512
- CDC Information (4)
- NIH Information (8)
- CDC Publications (5)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (675)
- GWAS Studies (4)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (205)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (25)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (14)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (22)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (1)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (30)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (24)
- Reviews/Commentaries (187)
- Tools/Methods (3)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (10)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.