Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Last Posted: Sep 17, 2020
- The complex relationship between genotype, pathology and phenotype in familial dementia.
Kwok John B et al. Neurobiology of disease 2020 Sep 105082
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in the Faroe Islands - a genealogical study.
Johansen Malan et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis & frontotemporal degeneration 2020 Sep 1-5
- Opening the door to gene therapy for ALS
H Stower, Nature Medicine, August 7, 2020
- Genetic Testing for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Frontotemporal Dementia: Impact on Clinical Management.
Roggenbuck Jennifer et al. Clinics in laboratory medicine 2020 Sep 40(3) 271-287
- ALS Research Notification for Clinical Trials and Studies
CDC/ATSDR, July 2020
- Evaluation of Vertical Ground Reaction Forces Pattern Visualization in Neurodegenerative Diseases Identification Using Deep Learning and Recurrence Plot Image Feature Extraction.
Lin Che-Wei et al. Sensors (Basel, Switzerland) 2020 Jul 20(14)
- SOD1 Suppression with Adeno-Associated Virus and MicroRNA in Familial ALS.
Mueller Christian et al. The New England journal of medicine 2020 Jul 383(2) 151-158
- Phase 1-2 Trial of Antisense Oligonucleotide Tofersen for SOD1 ALS.
Miller Timothy et al. The New England journal of medicine 2020 Jul 383(2) 109-119
- The Beginning of Genomic Therapies for ALS.
Hardiman Orla et al. The New England journal of medicine 2020 Jul 383(2) 180-181
- Burden of Rare Variants in ALS and Axonal Hereditary Neuropathy Genes Influence Survival in ALS: Insights from a Next Generation Sequencing Study of an Italian ALS Cohort.
Scarlino Stefania et al. International journal of molecular sciences 2020 May 21(9)
- Prevalence of C9orf72 hexanucleotide repeat expansion in Greek patients with sporadic ALS.
Sokratous Maria et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis & frontotemporal degeneration 2020 Apr 1-3
- Molecular analysis and clinical diversity of distal hereditary motor neuropathy.
Liu Xiaoxuan et al. European journal of neurology 2020 Apr
- Prediction of caregiver burden in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a machine learning approach using random forests applied to a cohort study.
Antoniadi Anna Markella et al. BMJ open 2020 Feb 10(2) e033109
- Hereditary Motor Neuropathies and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: a Molecular and Clinical Update.
Garcia-Santibanez Rocio et al. Current neurology and neuroscience reports 2018 18(12) 93
- CMS-01 Genetic testing for familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS): insights and challenges.
Crook Ashley et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis & frontotemporal degeneration 2019 Nov 20(sup1) 327-347
- CDC Information (14)
- NIH Information (14)
- CDC Publications (5)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (669)
- GWAS Studies (23)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (46)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (4)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (8)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (3)
- Reviews/Commentaries (59)
- Tools/Methods (1)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.