Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Last Posted: Jun 18, 2021
- Artificial intelligence in neurodegenerative diseases: A review of available tools with a focus on machine learning techniques.
Tautan Alexandra-Maria et al. Artificial intelligence in medicine 2021 117102081
- Prediction of caregiver quality of life in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis using explainable machine learning.
Antoniadi Anna Markella et al. Scientific reports 2021 11(1) 12237
- Patient and Relative Experiences and Decision-making About Genetic Testing and Counseling for Familial ALS and FTD: A Systematic Scoping Review.
Crook Ashley et al. Alzheimer disease and associated disorders 2021
- Childhood amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by excess sphingolipid synthesis
P Mohassel et al, Nature Medicine, May 2021
- Polygenic risk score analysis for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis leveraging cognitive performance, educational attainment and schizophrenia
R Restuadi et al, EJHG, April 27, 2021
- Shared genetic links between amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and obesity-related traits: a genome-wide association study.
Li Chunyu et al. Neurobiology of aging 2021
- Value of systematic genetic screening of patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Shepheard Stephanie R et al. Journal of neurology, neurosurgery, and psychiatry 2021 Feb
- Genome-wide genetic links between amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and autoimmune diseases.
Li Chun Yu et al. BMC medicine 2021 Feb 19(1) 27
- Genetics of frontotemporal dementia in China.
Jiang Yaling et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis & frontotemporal degeneration 2021 Feb 1-15
- A combined clinical and computational approach to understand the SOD1 A4T -mediated pathogenesis of rapidly progressive familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Diker Sevda et al. Acta neurologica Belgica 2021 Jan
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
- CDC Information (14)
- NIH Information (14)
- COVID-19 (8)
- CDC Publications (3)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (667)
- GWAS Studies (27)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (56)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (5)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (9)
- Reviews/Commentaries (57)
- Tools/Methods (1)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.