Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Last Posted: Aug 01, 2019
- Update on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis genetics.
Brenner David et al. Current opinion in neurology 2019 Jul
- Lifetime Risk and Heritability of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
Ryan Marie et al. JAMA neurology 2019 Jul
- The project MinE databrowser: bringing large-scale whole-genome sequencing in ALS to researchers and the public.
van der Spek Rick A A et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis & frontotemporal degeneration 2019 Aug 20(5-6) 432-440
- Rare variants in MYH15 modify amyotrophic lateral sclerosis risk
Kin H. et al. Human Molecular Genetics, Volume 28, Issue 14, 15 July 2019, Pages 2309?2318
- Adjusted Cost Analysis of Video Televisits for the Care of People with ALS.
Paganoni Sabrina et al. Muscle & nerve 2019 May
- Nutritional counseling with or without mobile health technology: a randomized open-label standard-of-care-controlled trial in ALS.
Wills Anne Marie et al. BMC neurology 2019 May 19(1) 104
- An update on genetic frontotemporal dementia.
Greaves Caroline V et al. Journal of neurology 2019 May
- Next Generation Precision Medicine: CRISPR-mediated Genome Editing for the Treatment of Neurodegenerative Disorders.
Raikwar Sudhanshu P et al. Journal of neuroimmune pharmacology : the official journal of the Society on NeuroImmune Pharmacology 2019 Apr
- I have ALS. I wish a polygenic analysis had told me it was coming
R Desikan, Stat News, April 30, 2019
- Exome array analysis of rare and low frequency variants in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Dekker Annelot M et al. Scientific reports 2019 Apr 9(1) 5931
- Analysis of 50 Neurodegenerative Genes in Clinically Diagnosed Early-Onset Alzheimer's Disease.
Giau Vo Van et al. International journal of molecular sciences 2019 Mar 20(6)
- Lack of consensus in ALS genetic testing practices and divergent views between ALS clinicians and patients.
Klepek Holly et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis & frontotemporal degeneration 2019 Apr 1-6
- The C9orf72 hexanucleotide repeat expansion presents a challenge for testing laboratories and genetic counseling.
Crook Ashley et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis & frontotemporal degeneration 2019 Mar 1-7
- Next-generation sequencing study reveals the broader variant spectrum of hereditary spastic paraplegia and related phenotypes.
Elert-Dobkowska Ewelina et al. Neurogenetics 2019 Feb
- Partitioning the genetic architecture of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
IJ Broce et al, BioRXIV, February 24, 2019
- CDC Information (13)
- NIH Information (13)
- CDC Publications (5)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (642)
- GWAS Studies (23)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (30)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (4)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (4)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (3)
- Reviews/Commentaries (49)
- Tools/Methods (1)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 30, 2019
- Page last updated:Aug 17, 2019
- Content source: