Last Posted: Sep 20, 2018
- A Collaborative Patient-Focused Approach to Cure Sickle Cell Disease
G Gibbons, HHS Blog, September 13, 2018
- NIH launches initiative to accelerate genetic therapies to cure sickle cell disease
NIH, September 13, 2018
- Pain Awareness Month September 2018
CDC MMWR, September 13, 2018
- Prevalence of Chronic Pain and High-Impact Chronic Pain Among Adults United States, 2016
CDC MMWR, September 14, 2018
- Raising Awareness of BRCA Mutations
Genetic testing may help those at high risk take steps to prevent deadly cancers.
S Gubar, New York Times, September 20, 2018
- Value of a Hypothetical Pharmacogenomic Test for the Diagnosis of Statin-Induced Myopathy in Patients at High Cardiovascular Risk.
Mitchell Dominic et al. Molecular diagnosis & therapy 2018 Sep
- FAMILIAL CHYLOMICRONEMIA SYNDROME: A CLINICAL GUIDE FOR ENDOCRINOLOGISTS.
Falko James M et al. Endocrine practice : official journal of the American College of Endocrinology and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 2018 Aug 24(8) 756-763
- Incorporating the patient perspective in the study of rare bone disease: insights from the osteogenesis imperfecta community.
Swezey T et al. Osteoporosis international : a journal established as result of cooperation between the European Foundation for Osteoporosis and the National Osteoporosis Foundation of the USA 2018 Sep
- The many faces of genetic contributions to temporomandibular joint disorder: An updated review.
Scariot Rafaela et al. Orthodontics & craniofacial research 2018 Sep
- New Developments in Ovarian Cancer Treatment Are Showing Promise
A Park, Time, August 28, 2018
- CDC Information (4)
- NIH Resources (46)
- CDC-Authored Publications (6)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (4)
- Tier Table (4)
- Epidemiologic Studies (1299)
- Translation/Implementation Studies (46)
- Evidence Synthesis (12)
- Guidelines (9)
- Reviews/Commentaries (93)
- Tools/Methods (1)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (5)
- AMD Weekly Clips (17)
- GWAS Catalog (35)
- Grants Supporting Publications
- Genetic Testing (GTR)
- Genetic Disease (OMIM)
- PubMed Review
- PubMed Clinical Queries
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Sep 21, 2018
- Content source: