Last Posted: May 28, 2023
- Detecting acute respiratory diseases in the pediatric population using cough sound features and machine learning: A systematic review.
Roneel V Sharan et al. Int J Med Inform 2023 176105093
- Prediction of persistent chronic cough in patients with chronic cough using machine learning.
Wansu Chen et al. ERJ open research 2023 9(2)
- Development and validation of a respiratory-responsive vocal biomarker-based tool for generalizable detection of respiratory impairment: independent case-control studies in multiple respiratory conditions including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and COVID-19.
Savneet Kaur et al. Journal of medical Internet research 2023
- Comparison of Symptoms Associated With SARS-CoV-2 Variants Among Children in Canada.
Madeleine W Sumner et al. JAMA network open 2023 6(3) e232328
- Machine learning-enabled risk prediction of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with unbalanced data.
Wang Xuchun et al. Computer methods and programs in biomedicine 2023 230107340
- Developing and Validating Clinical Features-Based Machine Learning Algorithms to Predict Influenza Infection in Influenza-like Illness Patients.
Hung Shang-Kai et al. Biomedical journal 2022
- Derivation of a clinical-based model to detect invasive bacterial infections in febrile infants.
Yaeger Jeffrey P et al. Journal of hospital medicine 2022
- Predicting the Need for Intubation among COVID-19 Patients Using Machine Learning Algorithms: A Single-Center Study.
Nopour Raoof et al. Medical journal of the Islamic Republic of Iran 2022 3630
- An intelligent prediagnosis system for disease prediction and examination recommendation based on electronic medical record and a medical-semantic-aware convolution neural network (MSCNN) for pediatric chronic cough.
Zhu Zhu et al. Translational pediatrics 2022 11(7) 1216-1233
- Making cough count in tuberculosis care
AJ Zimmer et al, Comm Medicine, July 6, 2022
- Clinical Analysis of Primary Tracheobronchial Tumors in Children and Evaluation of the Predicting Models for Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma.
Zhang Chen et al. Current medical science 2022
- Selected clinical and demographic factors and all-cause mortality among individuals with Duchenne muscular dystrophy in the Muscular Dystrophy Surveillance, Tracking, and Research Network.
Paramsothy Pangaja et al. Neuromuscular disorders : NMD 2022 5
- Consumer-grade wearables identify changes in multiple physiological systems during COVID-19 disease progression
C Mayer, et al, Cell Reports and Medicine, April 19, 2022
- Genetic Variants Associated with Adverse Events after Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitor Use: Replication after GWAS-Based Discovery.
Lee Chan Joo et al. Yonsei medical journal 2022 63(4) 342-348
- Machine learning for detecting COVID-19 from cough sounds: An ensemble-based MCDM method.
Chowdhury Nihad Karim et al. Computers in biology and medicine 2022 145105405
- Effect Evaluation of Artificial Intelligence-Based Electronic Health PDCA Nursing Model in the Treatment of Mycoplasma Pneumonia in Children.
Zhao Yan et al. Journal of healthcare engineering 2022 20221956944
- Sounds of COVID-19: exploring realistic performance of audio-based digital testing
J Han et al, NPJ Digital Medicine, January 28, 2022
- Bias and privacy in AI's cough-based COVID-19 recognition
HB Espinoza et al, Lancet Digital Health, December 2021
- A Systematic Review of Clinical Prediction Rules for the Diagnosis of Influenza.
Ebell Mark H et al. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine : JABFM 2021 34(6) 1123-1140
- AI/ML Models to Aid in the Diagnosis of COVID-19 Illness from Forced Cough Vocalizations: Results and Challenges of a Systematic Review of the Relevant Literature
K Kelley et al, MEDRXIV, November 14, 2021
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Feb 1, 2023
- Page last updated:Jun 02, 2023
- Content source: