Sickle Cell Disease
Last Posted: Oct 13, 2022
- Transcript for Vital Signs Telebriefing: Children with sickle cell anemia are at risk for stroke and other complications
CDC, October 2022
- Africa must participate in finding a gene therapy cure for sickle-cell disease.
Moshi Grace et al. Nature medicine 2022 10
- Sickle Cell Disease and Gene Therapy — Patient and Physician Perspectives
NEJM, Youtube video, Septenber 2022
- Sickle Cell Disease and Gene Therapy - Patient and Physician Perspectives.
DeBaun Michael et al. The New England journal of medicine 2022 9 (13) e28
- Treatment of Genetic Diseases With CRISPR Genome Editing
MJ Kan et al, JAMA, September 13, 2022
- Diverse Approaches to Gene Therapy of Sickle Cell Disease.
White Shanna L et al. Annual review of medicine 2022
- National Sickle Cell Awareness Month
HHS Minority Health, September 2022
- Internalizing Symptoms in Adolescents With Sickle Cell Disease.
Heitzer Andrew M et al. Journal of pediatric psychology 2022
- Bringing Sickle-Cell Treatments to Children in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Zhou Albert E et al. The New England journal of medicine 2022 8 (6) 488-491
- Hematological, Biochemical Properties, and Clinical Correlates of Hemoglobin S Variant Disorder: A New Insight Into Sickle Cell Trait.
Khaled Safaa A A et al. Journal of hematology 2022 11(3) 92-108
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
- CDC Information (32)
- NIH Information (10)
- COVID-19 (29)
- CDC Publications (9)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (317)
- GWAS Studies (12)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (275)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (23)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (10)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (3)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (7)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (2)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (17)
- Reviews/Commentaries (214)
- Tools/Methods (6)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (10)
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.