Sickle Cell Disease
- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Feb 14, 2019
- Predicting opioid dependence from electronic health records with machine learning.
Ellis Randall J et al. BioData mining 2019 123
- Transfusion service knowledge and immunohaematological practices related to sickle cell disease and thalassemia.
Fasano R M et al. Transfusion medicine (Oxford, England) 2019 Feb
- Results of a multicenter universal newborn screening program for sickle cell disease in Italy: A call to action.
Colombatti Raffaella et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2019 Feb e27657
- Gene Therapy for Beta-Hemoglobinopathies: Milestones, New Therapies and Challenges.
Ghiaccio Valentina et al. Molecular diagnosis & therapy 2019 Jan
- Effectiveness of an Educational Program on Nurses' Knowledge and Practice in the Management of Acute Painful Crises in Sickle Cell Disease.
Yacoub Mohammed Ibrahim et al. Journal of continuing education in nursing 2019 Feb 50(2) 87-95
- Burden of Sickle Cell Disease in Ghana: The Korle-Bu Experience.
Asare Eugenia V et al. Advances in hematology 2018 20186161270
- Self-management recommendations for sickle cell disease: A Ghanaian health professionals' perspective.
Druye Andrews et al. Health science reports 2018 Nov 1(11) e88
- Human Molecular Genetics Has Not Yet Contributed to Measurable Public Health Advances.
Paneth Nigel et al. Perspectives in biology and medicine 2018 61(4) 537-549
- Sickle cell disease (SCD) community is hopeful that genome editing will rechart course of the disease
J Mjoseth, NHGRI, January 2019
- A CRISPR focus on attitudes and beliefs toward somatic genome editing from stakeholders within the sickle cell disease community.
Persaud Anitra et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2018 Dec
- The global burden of sickle cell disease in children under five years of age: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Wastnedge Elizabeth et al. Journal of global health 2018 Dec 8(2) 021103
- Parental awareness of newborn bloodspot screening in Ireland.
Fitzpatrick Patricia et al. Irish journal of medical science 2018 Dec
- Importance of health guidance for family members of children with sickle cell disease.
Figueiredo Sarah Vieira et al. Revista brasileira de enfermagem 71(6) 2974-2982
- The current state of sickle cell trait: implications for reproductive and genetic counseling.
Pecker Lydia H et al. Hematology. American Society of Hematology. Education Program 2018 Nov 2018(1) 474-481
- White Paper: Pathways to Progress in Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Hsu Lewis et al. Journal of tropical diseases & public health 2018 6(2) 260
- CDC Information (22)
- NIH Information (4)
- CDC Genomics Publications (26)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (15)
- Epidemiologic Studies (406)
- GWAS Studies (11)
- Translation/Implementation Studies (115)
- Evidence Synthesis (13)
- Guidelines (5)
- Reviews/Commentaries (99)
- Tools/Methods (5)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (4)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Feb 20, 2019
- Content source: