Sickle Cell Disease
- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Aug 08, 2019
- A Phase 3 Randomized Trial of Voxelotor in Sickle Cell Disease
E Vichinsky et al, NEJM, August 7, 2019
- A Targeted Agent for Sickle Cell Disease — Changing the Protein but Not the Gene
A Thompson, NEJM, August 7, 2019
- Sickle Cell Disease Still Tends to Be Overlooked
AE Carroll, NY Times, August 5, 2019
- Sickle Cell Education: A Survey of Antenatal Healthcare Givers.
Aboagye Serwah et al. The American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene 2019 Jul
- Curative Therapies for Sickle Cell Disease.
Khemani Kirshma et al. The Ochsner journal 2019 19(2) 131-137
- Interventions for treating neuropathic pain in people with sickle cell disease.
Asnani Monika R et al. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews 2019 Jul 7CD012943
- An Electronic Teaching Module for Improving Knowledge of Self-Management of Vaso-Occlusive Pain Crises in Patients With Sickle Cell Disease: Pilot Questionnaire Study.
Tam Tammie et al. JMIR mHealth and uHealth 2019 Jun 7(6) e13501
- Current perspectives of Sickle Cell Disease in Nigeria: Changing the narratives.
Ojewunmi Oyesola O et al. Expert review of hematology 2019 Jun
- Coming Together to Confront Sickle Cell Disease
A Azar, HHS, June 19, 2019
- Disease of the Week: Sickle Cell Disease
- Quantifying the Levels of Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice Associated with Sickle Cell Disease and Premarital Genetic Counseling in 350 Saudi Adults.
Al-Qattan Heba M et al. Advances in hematology 2019 20193961201
- A Missed Opportunity to Address a National Shame: The Case of Sickle Cell Disease in the United States.
Freed Gary L et al. JAMA pediatrics 2019 Jun
- Advances in the Treatment of Sickle Cell Disease.
Kapoor Sargam et al. Mayo Clinic proceedings 2018 93(12) 1810-1824
- Identification of genetic biomarkers for alloimmunization in sickle cell disease.
Meinderts Sanne M et al. British journal of haematology 2019 Jun
- CE: Understanding the Complications of Sickle Cell Disease.
Tanabe Paula et al. The American journal of nursing 2019 Jun 119(6) 26-35
- CDC Information (23)
- NIH Information (5)
- CDC Publications (26)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (438)
- GWAS Studies (12)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (143)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (15)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (5)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (1)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (3)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (4)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (17)
- Reviews/Commentaries (130)
- Tools/Methods (5)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (5)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 30, 2019
- Page last updated:Aug 24, 2019
- Content source: