Sickle Cell Disease
- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Apr 17, 2019
- Sickle cell carriers' unmet information needs: Beyond knowing trait status.
Mayo-Gamble Tilicia L et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2019 Apr
- Breakthrough study could lead to new treatments for sickle cell disease
J Ives, News Medical, March 29, 2019
- Unprepared and Misinformed Parents of Children with Sickle Cell Disease: Time to Rethink Awareness Campaigns.
Aderotoye-Oni Seyi et al. Cureus 2018 Dec 10(12) e3806
- Sickle cell diseases: What can nuclear medicine offer?
Niccoli Asabella Artor et al. Hellenic journal of nuclear medicine 2019 Mar
- "A complex interface: Exploring sickle cell disease from a parent's perspective, after moving from Sub-Saharan Africa to North America".
Aiko Bruce Aisha et al. Pediatric hematology and oncology 2019 Feb 1-12
- Cost for sickle cell disease screening using isoelectric focusing with dried blood spot samples and estimation of price thresholds for a point-of-care test in Uganda.
Mvundura Mercy et al. Journal of blood medicine 2019 1059-67
- Knowledge Deficit of Sickle Cell Trait Status: Can Nurses Help?
Arhin Afua O et al. Critical care nursing quarterly 42(2) 198-201
- Holistic Health and Sickle Cell Disease: A Focus on Mental and Behavioral Health
Office of Minority Health, webinar, February 28, 2019
- HemoTypeSC, a low-cost point-of-care testing device for sickle cell disease: Promises and challenges.
Nnodu Obiageli et al. Blood cells, molecules & diseases 2019 Feb
- Predicting opioid dependence from electronic health records with machine learning.
Ellis Randall J et al. BioData mining 2019 123
- Transfusion service knowledge and immunohaematological practices related to sickle cell disease and thalassemia.
Fasano R M et al. Transfusion medicine (Oxford, England) 2019 Feb
- Results of a multicenter universal newborn screening program for sickle cell disease in Italy: A call to action.
Colombatti Raffaella et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2019 Feb e27657
- Gene Therapy for Beta-Hemoglobinopathies: Milestones, New Therapies and Challenges.
Ghiaccio Valentina et al. Molecular diagnosis & therapy 2019 Jan
- Effectiveness of an Educational Program on Nurses' Knowledge and Practice in the Management of Acute Painful Crises in Sickle Cell Disease.
Yacoub Mohammed Ibrahim et al. Journal of continuing education in nursing 2019 Feb 50(2) 87-95
- Burden of Sickle Cell Disease in Ghana: The Korle-Bu Experience.
Asare Eugenia V et al. Advances in hematology 2018 20186161270
- CDC Information (22)
- NIH Information (5)
- CDC Publications (26)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (410)
- GWAS Studies (11)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (119)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (14)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (5)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (4)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (15)
- Reviews/Commentaries (110)
- Tools/Methods (5)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (4)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Apr 21, 2019
- Content source: