Deep Vein Thrombosis
- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Aug 16, 2018
- Cost Effectiveness of Genotype-Guided Warfarin Dosing in Patients with Mechanical Heart Valve Replacement Under the Fee-for-Service System.
Kim Dong-Jin et al. Applied health economics and health policy 2017 Oct 15(5) 657-667
- Screening to Prevent Osteoporotic Fractures: Updated Evidence Report and Systematic Review for the US Preventive Services Task Force.
Viswanathan Meera et al. JAMA 2018 Jun 319(24) 2532-2551
- The impact of real-world cardiovascular-related pharmacogenetic testing in an insured population.
Billings Jennifer et al. International journal of clinical practice 2018 May e13088
- Laboratory Testing for Activated Protein C Resistance (APCR).
Mohammed Soma et al. Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) 2017 1646137-143
- Personal Stories of Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Personal Stories of People Living with Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism
- Are you at risk for clots?
A family history of blood clots can increase a person?s risk.
- Effect of Genotype-Guided Warfarin Dosing on Clinical Events and Anticoagulation Control Among Patients Undergoing Hip or Knee Arthroplasty: The GIFT Randomized Clinical Trial.
Gage Brian F, et al. JAMA 2017 0 0. (12) 1115-1124
- Thrombophilia testing results in patients with a first venous thromboembolic event: should the selection criteria for testing be revisited?
Hirmerova Jana et al. International angiology : a journal of the International Union of Angiology 2017 Apr 36(2) 167-173
- Family history of venous thromboembolism (VTE) and risk of recurrent hospitalization for VTE: a nationwide family study in Sweden.
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Feb 18, 2019
- Content source: