Last Posted: May 26, 2022
- A rapid evidence assessment of sickle cell disease educational interventions.
Oti Anthonia Etonlogbo et al. Journal of clinical nursing 2022
- Polymorphisms and avascular necrosis in patients with sickle cell disease - A systematic review.
Leandro Márcio Passos et al. Revista paulista de pediatria : orgao oficial da Sociedade de Pediatria de Sao Paulo 2022 40e2021013
- Incidence of hemoglobinopathies and spatialization of newborns with sickle cell trait in Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil.
Cândido-Bacani Priscila de Matos et al. Einstein (Sao Paulo, Brazil) 2022 20eAO6535
- Researchers identify the high costs of living with sickle cell disease Potential curative therapies may help reduce the burden, but are also costly.
NIH, May 16, 2022
- Sickle cell disease prevention: How prepared are the senior secondary school students in Surulere Local Government Area, Lagos, Nigeria?
Kanma-Okafor Oluchi J et al. African journal of primary health care & family medicine 2022 14(1) e1-e7
- Burden of disease, treatment utilization, and the impact on education and employment in patients with sickle cell disease: A comparative analysis of high- and low- to middle-income countries for the international Sickle Cell World Assessment Survey (SWAY).
Osunkwo Ifeyinwa et al. American journal of hematology 2022
- Prevalence of Hemoglobin-S and Baseline Level of Knowledge on Sickle Cell Disease Among Pregnant Women Attending Antenatal Clinics in Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania.
Tutuba Hilda J et al. Frontiers in genetics 2022 13805709
- Distribution of HbS Allele and Haplotypes in a Multi-Ethnic Population of Guinea Bissau, West Africa: Implications for Public Health Screening.
Martella Maddalena et al. Frontiers in pediatrics 2022 10826262
- Parents' Experiences and Needs Regarding Infant Sickle Cell Trait Results.
Sims Alexandra M et al. Pediatrics 2022
- A study of spectrum of sickle cell anemia and thalassemia in a teaching institute of South India.
Sabitha Rani S S et al. Nigerian journal of clinical practice 2022 25(4) 490-495
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (38)
- NIH Information (16)
- CDC Publications (13)
- COVID-19 (37)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (468)
- GWAS Studies (22)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (326)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (29)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (12)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (3)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (7)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (3)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (29)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (16)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.