Last Posted: Apr 27, 2021
- Implementing newborn screening for sickle cell disease in Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Accra: Results and lessons learned.
Segbefia Catherine I et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2021 e29068
- Effect of Poloxamer 188 vs Placebo on Painful Vaso-Occlusive Episodes in Children and Adults With Sickle Cell Disease: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
Casella James F et al. JAMA 2021 4 (15) 1513-1523
- Genetic therapies for the first molecular disease.
Doerfler Phillip A et al. The Journal of clinical investigation 2021 131(8)
- [Progress in Gene Therapy of Sickle Cell Disease Based on Hemoglobin F--Review].
Liang Hao et al. Zhongguo shi yan xue ye xue za zhi 2021 29(2) 643-647
- Data Brief: Medicaid Coverage Patterns for People with Sickle Cell Disease in California and Georgia, 2014-2016
- Evaluation of Foetal Haemoglobin Status among Nigerian Patients with Sickle Cell Anaemia Using High Performance Liquid Chromatography.
Ugwu N I et al. West African journal of medicine 2021 38(3) 222-227
- The Crisis of Sickle Cell Disease in Africa from Insights into Primary Prevention in Ghana and Nigeria: Notes from the Field.
Ezenwa Miriam O et al. Journal of immigrant and minority health 2021
- A Budget Impact Analysis of Gene Therapy for Sickle Cell Disease: The Medicaid Perspective.
DeMartino Patrick et al. JAMA pediatrics 2021 3
- Gene Therapy for Sickle Cell Disease-A Debt to Be Paid.
Ozuah Philip O et al. JAMA pediatrics 2021 3
- Allele-Specific Recombinase Polymerase Amplification to Detect Sickle Cell Disease in Low-Resource Settings.
Natoli Mary E et al. Analytical chemistry 2021
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (33)
- NIH Information (15)
- CDC Publications (12)
- COVID-19 (23)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (456)
- GWAS Studies (20)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (262)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (23)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (9)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (3)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (6)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (3)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (29)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (16)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.