Last Posted: Sep 20, 2018
- A Collaborative Patient-Focused Approach to Cure Sickle Cell Disease
G Gibbons, HHS Blog, September 13, 2018
- NIH launches initiative to accelerate genetic therapies to cure sickle cell disease
NIH, September 13, 2018
- Effectiveness of Clinical Decision Support Based Intervention in the Improvement of Care for Adult Sickle Cell Disease Patients in Primary Care.
Mainous Arch G et al. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine : JABFM 31(5) 812-816
- Newborn Screening for Hemoglobinopathies in Rhode Island, 2017.
Sprinz Philippa et al. Rhode Island medical journal (2013) 2018 Sep 101(7) 17-20
- Screening of hereditary spherocytosis and pyruvate kinase deficiency by automated blood count using erythrocytic and reticulocytic parameters.
Bobée Victor et al. International journal of laboratory hematology 2018 Sep
- The Sickle Cell Disease Implementation Consortium: Translating Evidence-Based Guidelines into Practice for Sickle Cell Disease.
DiMartino Lisa D et al. American journal of hematology 2018 Sep
- Utilizing Whole-Exome Sequencing to Characterize the Phenotypic Variability of Sickle Cell Disease.
Alsultan Abdulrahman et al. Genetic testing and molecular biomarkers 2018 Sep
- Relation Between Religious Perspectives and Views on Sickle Cell Disease Research and Associated Public Health Interventions in Ghana.
Dennis-Antwi Jemima A et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2018 Sep
- Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month
Office of Minority Health, HHS, September, 2018
- All About Your A1C
CDC, August 2018
- CDC Information (25)
- NIH Resources (6)
- CDC-Authored Publications (15)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (27)
- Epidemiologic Studies (377)
- Translation/Implementation Studies (109)
- Evidence Synthesis (11)
- Guidelines (5)
- Reviews/Commentaries (102)
- Tools/Methods (5)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (3)
- AMD Weekly Clips (2)
- GWAS Catalog (14)
- Grants Supporting Publications
- Genetic Testing (GTR)
- Genetic Disease (OMIM)
- PubMed Review
- PubMed Clinical Queries
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Sep 21, 2018
- Content source: