Last Posted: Nov 05, 2018
- Thousands of sickle cell and hemophilia patients are waiting for gene therapies. Can manufacturers keep up?
E Mullin, Stat News, November 5, 2018
- Clinical Outcomes Associated With Sickle Cell Trait: A Systematic Review.
Naik Rakhi P, et al. Annals of internal medicine 2018 11 0. (9) 619-627
- Emerging Genetic Therapy for Sickle Cell Disease.
Orkin Stuart H et al. Annual review of medicine 2018 Oct
- Systematic review study supports that sickle cell trait increases risk for some health conditions- More research needed to clarify all health outcomes associated with SCT
J Mjoseth, NHGRI, October 30, 2018
- [Sickle Cell Disease in Newborns in Germany: Analysis of the AOK Health Insurance Data].
Pattloch Dagmar et al. Gesundheitswesen (Bundesverband der Arzte des Offentlichen Gesundheitsdienstes (Germany)) 2018 Oct
- Newborn screening for sickle cell disease in Europe: recommendations from a Pan-European Consensus Conference.
Lobitz Stephan et al. British journal of haematology 2018 Oct
- A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of a Pilot Neonatal Screening Program for Sickle Cell Anemia in the Republic of Angola.
McGann Patrick T et al. The Journal of pediatrics 2015 Dec 167(6) 1314-9
- Contribution of Sickle Cell Disease to the Pediatric Stroke Burden Among Hospital Discharges of African-Americans-United States, 1997-2012.
Baker Charlotte et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2015 Dec 62(12) 2076-81
- Disability among individuals with sickle cell disease: literature review from a public health perspective.
Swanson Mark E et al. American journal of preventive medicine 2011 Dec 41(6 Suppl 4) S390-7
- Emergency Department Visits and Inpatient Admissions Associated with Priapism among Males with Sickle Cell Disease in the United States, 2006-2010.
Dupervil Brandi et al. PloS one 2016 11(4) e0153257
- CDC Information (25)
- NIH Resources (6)
- CDC-Authored Publications (21)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (27)
- Epidemiologic Studies (379)
- Translation/Implementation Studies (114)
- Evidence Synthesis (12)
- Guidelines (5)
- Reviews/Commentaries (107)
- Tools/Methods (5)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (3)
- AMD Weekly Clips (2)
- GWAS Catalog (14)
- Grants Supporting Publications
- Genetic Testing (GTR)
- Genetic Disease (OMIM)
- PubMed Review
- PubMed Clinical Queries
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Nov 13, 2018
- Content source: