Last Posted: Jan 17, 2019
- Burden of Sickle Cell Disease in Ghana: The Korle-Bu Experience.
Asare Eugenia V et al. Advances in hematology 2018 20186161270
- Self-management recommendations for sickle cell disease: A Ghanaian health professionals' perspective.
Druye Andrews et al. Health science reports 2018 Nov 1(11) e88
- Hydroxyurea - An Essential Medicine for Sickle Cell Disease in Africa.
Luzzatto Lucio et al. The New England journal of medicine 2019 Jan (2) 187-189
- Hydroxyurea for Children with Sickle Cell Anemia in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Tshilolo Léon et al. The New England journal of medicine 2019 Jan (2) 121-131
- Sickle cell disease (SCD) community is hopeful that genome editing will rechart course of the disease
J Mjoseth, NHGRI, January 2019
- A CRISPR focus on attitudes and beliefs toward somatic genome editing from stakeholders within the sickle cell disease community.
Persaud Anitra et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2018 Dec
- The global burden of sickle cell disease in children under five years of age: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Wastnedge Elizabeth et al. Journal of global health 2018 Dec 8(2) 021103
- Parental awareness of newborn bloodspot screening in Ireland.
Fitzpatrick Patricia et al. Irish journal of medical science 2018 Dec
- To test or not: occurrence of sickle cell trait and assessment of the awareness toward its screening among patients attending Magale Health Center IV, Namisindwa District, Eastern Uganda.
Mandu Keneth et al. Journal of blood medicine 2018 9219-225
- Importance of health guidance for family members of children with sickle cell disease.
Figueiredo Sarah Vieira et al. Revista brasileira de enfermagem 71(6) 2974-2982
- CDC Information (25)
- NIH Resources (9)
- CDC-Authored Publications (21)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (27)
- Epidemiologic Studies (380)
- Translation/Implementation Studies (124)
- Evidence Synthesis (14)
- Guidelines (5)
- Reviews/Commentaries (120)
- Tools/Methods (5)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (4)
- AMD Weekly Clips (2)
- GWAS Catalog (14)
- Grants Supporting Publications
- Genetic Testing (GTR)
- Genetic Disease (OMIM)
- PubMed Review
- PubMed Clinical Queries
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Jan 20, 2019
- Content source: