Last Posted: Mar 21, 2019
- Unprepared and Misinformed Parents of Children with Sickle Cell Disease: Time to Rethink Awareness Campaigns.
Aderotoye-Oni Seyi et al. Cureus 2018 Dec 10(12) e3806
- Awareness and Attitude of University Students About Screening and Testing for Hemoglobinopathies: Case Study of the Aseer Region, Saudi Arabia.
Eissa Mohamed et al. Hemoglobin 2018 Jul 42(4) 264-268
- Could a cure be close for sickle cell anemia?
CBS, 60 Minutes, March 8, 2019
- Sickle cell diseases: What can nuclear medicine offer?
Niccoli Asabella Artor et al. Hellenic journal of nuclear medicine 2019 Mar
- Premarital Screening and Genetic Counseling Program: Studies from an Endogamous Population.
Bener Abdulbari et al. International journal of applied & basic medical research 9(1) 20-26
- "A complex interface: Exploring sickle cell disease from a parent's perspective, after moving from Sub-Saharan Africa to North America".
Aiko Bruce Aisha et al. Pediatric hematology and oncology 2019 Feb 1-12
- Cost for sickle cell disease screening using isoelectric focusing with dried blood spot samples and estimation of price thresholds for a point-of-care test in Uganda.
Mvundura Mercy et al. Journal of blood medicine 2019 1059-67
- Knowledge Deficit of Sickle Cell Trait Status: Can Nurses Help?
Arhin Afua O et al. Critical care nursing quarterly 42(2) 198-201
- Holistic Health and Sickle Cell Disease: A Focus on Mental and Behavioral Health
Office of Minority Health, webinar, February 28, 2019
- HemoTypeSC, a low-cost point-of-care testing device for sickle cell disease: Promises and challenges.
Nnodu Obiageli et al. Blood cells, molecules & diseases 2019 Feb
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (25)
- NIH Information (10)
- CDC Genomics Publications (21)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (27)
- Epidemiologic Studies (382)
- GWAS Studies (14)
- Translation/Implementation Studies (133)
- Evidence Synthesis (15)
- Guidelines (5)
- Tier Table (0)
- Reviews/Commentaries (130)
- Tools/Methods (5)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (4)
- Advanced Molecular Detection Clips (2)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Mar 24, 2019
- Content source: