Last Posted: Jul 06, 2022
- Gene Therapy for Hemoglobinopathies: Beta-Thalassemia, Sickle Cell Disease.
Leonard Alexis et al. Hematology/oncology clinics of North America 2022
- Potential of point of care tests for newborn screening for sickle cell disease: Evaluation of HemotypeSC™ and sickle SCAN® in Tanzania.
Christopher Heavenlight et al. International journal of laboratory hematology 2022
- Examining resilience of individuals living with sickle cell disease in the COVID-19 pandemic.
Buscetta Ashley J et al. BMC psychology 2022 10(1) 156
- Optical absorbance-based rapid test for the detection of sickle cell trait and sickle cell disease at the point-of-care.
Srinivasan Rajesh et al. Spectrochimica acta. Part A, Molecular and biomolecular spectroscopy 2022 279121394
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Gene-Addition/Editing Therapy in Sickle Cell Disease.
Germino-Watnick Paula et al. Cells 2022 11(11)
- Breaking Down Barriers to ED Care for People with SCD
CDC, May 2022
- Targeting the Hematopoietic Stem Cell Niche in β-Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Disease.
Aprile Annamaria et al. Pharmaceuticals (Basel, Switzerland) 2022 15(5)
- Will gene therapy comeback last?
H Ledford, Nature, May 31, 2022
- Changing our DNA: 'The age of human therapeutic gene editing is here'
S LaMotte, CNN, May 31, 2022
- Cerebral Vasculopathy in Children With Sickle Cell Disease in an Amazonian Population.
Alcolumbre Tobelem Felipe Lima et al. Journal of child neurology 2022 8830738221100088
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (39)
- NIH Information (16)
- CDC Publications (13)
- COVID-19 (39)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (471)
- GWAS Studies (22)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (330)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (29)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (12)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (3)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (7)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (3)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (29)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (16)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.