Last Posted: Jun 17, 2021
- Summer Camp, A Place Where A Kid Can Just Be A Kid… Even If He Or She Has Sickle Cell Disease
CDC, June 2021
- The Bloodline Newsletter
CDC, June 2021
- Diagnosis of Sickle Cell Disease and HBB Haplotyping in the Era of Personalized Medicine: Role of Next Generation Sequencing.
Adekile Adekunle et al. Journal of personalized medicine 2021 11(6)
- Cost-effectiveness of a hypothetical cell or gene therapy cure for sickle cell disease.
Salcedo Jonathan et al. Scientific reports 2021 11(1) 10838
- Inadequate community knowledge about sickle cell disease among the Indian tribal population: a formative assessment in a multicentric intervention study.
Babu Bontha V et al. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2021
- Paternal Stress and Child Outcomes in Youth with Sickle Cell Disease.
Moody Kendall L et al. Journal of pediatric psychology 2021
- On That Edge of Fear’: One Woman’s Struggle With Sickle Cell Pain
J Eligon, NY Times, May 30, 2021
- Clinical validity and utility of preconception expanded carrier screening for the management of reproductive genetic risk in IVF and general population.
Capalbo A et al. Human reproduction (Oxford, England) 2021
- Engaging Caregivers and Providers of Children With Sickle Cell Anemia in Shared Decision Making for Hydroxyurea: Protocol for a Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial.
Hood Anna M et al. JMIR research protocols 2021 10(5) e27650
- Mortality and Causes of Death From Sickle Cell Disease in The Netherlands, 1985-2017.
Rettenbacher Eva et al. Journal of pediatric hematology/oncology 2021
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (36)
- NIH Information (15)
- CDC Publications (12)
- COVID-19 (27)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (460)
- GWAS Studies (21)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (268)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (24)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (9)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (3)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (6)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (3)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (29)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (16)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.