Last Posted: Nov 20, 2020
- Host genetic susceptibility to viral infections: the role of type I interferon induction
M Bourdon et al, Genes and Immunity, November 20, 2020
- Using genomics to improve preparedness and response of future epidemics or pandemics in Africa
C Chaguza et al, Lancet Microbe, November 2020
- The intersection of genomics and big data with public health: Opportunities for precision public health.
Khoury Muin J et al. PLoS medicine 2020 Oct 17(10) e1003373
- Pathogen genomics initiative to boost disease control in Africa
CB De Villiers, PHG Foundation, October 21, 2020
- Africa Pathogen Genomics Initiative Launches With $100M Investment
Johnson M. GenomeWeb, Oct 12, 2020.
- Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) versus the gonococcus: How CDC scientists are using WGS to beat antibiotic resistant gonorrhea
E Woodson et al, CDC Blog Post, September 14, 2020
- Microbe tests in the NIH Genetic Testing Registry
NIH Genetic Testing Registry, September 2020
- NIH Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) now accepting microbe tests including SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 tests
NCBI, September 2020
- Perceived utility and feasibility of pathogen genomics for public health practice: a survey among public health professionals working in the field of infectious diseases, Belgium, 2019.
Van Goethem N et al. BMC public health 2020 Aug 20(1) 1318
- Editorial: Pathogen Genomics: Empowering Infectious Disease Surveillance and Outbreak Investigations
Struelens MJ, Sintchenko V. Front Public Health, May 19, 2020.
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (19)
- NIH Information (1)
- CDC Publications (1)
- COVID-19 (2)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (0)
- GWAS Studies (0)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (1)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (0)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (0)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (0)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (1)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (14)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (1)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.