Last Posted: May 06, 2021
- Translating the human microbiome: a path to improving health
RJ Xavier et al, Genome Medicine, May 5, 2021
- Microbiome-immune interactions in tuberculosis.
Mori Giorgia et al. PLoS pathogens 2021 4 (4) e1009377
- To treat malnutrition, feed the microbiota- Feeding the gut microbiota aids growth in undernourished children.
A Farrell, Nature Medicine, April 19, 2021
- Elevated rates of horizontal gene transfer in the industrialized human microbiome.
Groussin Mathieu et al. Cell 2021 4 (8) 2053-2067.e18
- Microbiota-based markers predictive of development of Clostridioides difficile infection
M Berkell et al, Nature Medicine, April 14, 2021
- Temporal landscape of human gut RNA and DNA virome in SARS-CoV-2 infection and severity
Zuo T, et al. Microbiome. 2021 Apr 14;9(1):91
- The long-term genetic stability and individual specificity of the human gut microbiome.
Chen Lianmin et al. Cell 2021 4
- Microbiome research in general and business newspapers: How many microbiome articles are published and which study designs make the news the most?
Prados-Bo Andreu et al. PloS one 2021 4 (4) e0249835
- A Microbiota-Directed Food Intervention for Undernourished Children.
Chen Robert Y et al. The New England journal of medicine 2021 4
- Discovering multiple types of DNA methylation from bacteria and microbiome using nanopore sequencing.
Tourancheau Alan et al. Nature methods 2021 4
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (4)
- NIH Information (18)
- CDC Publications (18)
- COVID-19 (39)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (60)
- GWAS Studies (8)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (33)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (2)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (0)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (8)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (548)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (0)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (2)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.