Last Posted: Aug 11, 2017
- Genetics of Depression: Progress at Last.
Mullins Niamh et al. Current psychiatry reports 2017 Aug (8) 43
- Genomewide association study identifies 30 loci associated with bipolar disorder
E Stahl et al, BioRxIV, AUgust 2017
- Preventing Suicide
Risk factors include family history of suicide
- Blue Genes? Understanding and Mitigating Negative Consequences of Personalized Information about Genetic Risk for Depression.
Lebowitz Matthew S et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2017 Aug
- Finding the Right Medication: Gene Test May Help Treat Depression,
by Shamard Charles, M.D. and Lauren Dunn, NBC News, August 7, 2017
- A randomized controlled trial of disclosing genetic risk information for Alzheimer disease via telephone.
Christensen Kurt D et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2017 Jul
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 1, 2017
- Page last updated:Aug 17, 2017
- Content source: