Last Posted: Feb 03, 2023
- Twenty-eight-day in-hospital mortality prediction for elderly patients with ischemic stroke in the intensive care unit: Interpretable machine learning models.
Jian Huang et al. Frontiers in public health 2023 101086339
- Validation of risk prediction models applied to longitudinal electronic health record data for the prediction of major cardiovascular events in the presence of data shifts.
Yikuan Li et al. European heart journal. Digital health 2023 3(4) 535-547
- Rupture discrimination of multiple small (< 7 mm) intracranial aneurysms based on machine learning-based cluster analysis.
Xin Tong et al. BMC neurology 2023 23(1) 45
- Machine learning-based approach reveals essential features for simplified TSPO PET quantification in ischemic stroke patients.
Artem Zatcepin et al. Zeitschrift fur medizinische Physik 2023
- Predictive Accuracy of Stroke Risk Prediction Models Across Black and White Race, Sex, and Age Groups.
Chuan Hong et al. JAMA 2023 329(4) 306-317
- Prevalence of Diabetes and Its Association with Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease Risk in Patients with Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Analysis from the Hellenic Familial Hypercholesterolemia Registry (HELLAS-FH).
Boutari Chrysoula et al. Pharmaceuticals (Basel, Switzerland) 2023 16(1)
- Cross-ancestry genome-wide analysis of atrial fibrillation unveils disease biology and enables cardioembolic risk prediction.
Miyazawa Kazuo et al. Nature genetics 2023
- Imaging and Hemodynamic Characteristics of Vulnerable Carotid Plaques and Artificial Intelligence Applications in Plaque Classification and Segmentation.
Han Na et al. Brain sciences 2023 13(1)
- Stroke prevention in rural residents: development of a simplified risk assessment tool with artificial intelligence.
Ding Zhongao et al. Neurological sciences : official journal of the Italian Neurological Society and of the Italian Society of Clinical Neurophysiology 2023
- Reliability of respiratory-gated real-time two-dimensional cine incorporating deep learning reconstruction for the assessment of ventricular function in an adult population.
Orii Makoto et al. The international journal of cardiovascular imaging 2023
- Are there differences in perceptions, preferences and attitudes towards disclosure of genetic testing for Stroke? A qualitative study among stroke-free SIREN-SIBS genomics study participants.
Arulogun Oyedunni et al. Journal of stroke and cerebrovascular diseases : the official journal of National Stroke Association 2023 32(3) 106978
- Use of Family History of cardiovascular disease or chronic hypertension to better identify who needs postpartum cardiovascular risk screening.
Ackerman-Banks Christina M et al. American journal of obstetrics & gynecology MFM 2023 100850
- Sickle Cell Cure Brings Mix of Anxiety and Hope
G Kolata, NY Times, January 17, 2023
- Deep learning for collateral evaluation in ischemic stroke with imbalanced data.
Aktar Mumu et al. International journal of computer assisted radiology and surgery 2023
- Expectations and attitudes towards medical artificial intelligence: A qualitative study in the field of stroke.
Amann Julia et al. PloS one 2023 18(1) e0279088
- Prediction of type 2 diabetes mellitus using hematological factors based on machine learning approaches: a cohort study analysis.
Mansoori Amin et al. Scientific reports 2023 13(1) 663
- CDC & FDA Identify Preliminary COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Signal for Persons Aged 65 Years and Older
CDC, January 13, 2023
- Advanced Hemodynamic Monitoring Allows Recognition of Early Response Patterns to Diuresis in Congestive Heart Failure Patients.
Dagan Maya et al. Journal of clinical medicine 2023 12(1)
- Predictive Utility of a Coronary Artery Disease Polygenic Risk Score in Primary Prevention.
Marston Nicholas A et al. JAMA cardiology 2022
- Qualitative and quantitative effects of PCSK9 inhibitors in familial hypercholesterolemia: a synthetic review.
Shakir Aamina et al. Current problems in cardiology 2022 101550
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
- CDC Information (22)
- NIH Information (32)
- COVID-19 (128)
- CDC Publications (2)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (3634)
- GWAS Studies (149)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (423)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (57)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (8)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (1)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (287)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (1)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (57)
- Reviews/Commentaries (184)
- Tools/Methods (6)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (7)
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.