Last Posted: Nov 10, 2022
- Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol goal attainment in patients with clinical evidence of familial hypercholesterolemia and elevated Lp(a).
Schwarz Andrea et al. Lipids in health and disease 2022 21(1) 114
- A Retrospective Clinical Evaluation of an Artificial Intelligence Screening Method for Early Detection of STEMI in the Emergency Department.
Kim Dongsung et al. Journal of Korean medical science 2022 37(10) e81
- An Artificial Intelligence-Based Alarm Strategy Facilitates Management of Acute Myocardial Infarction.
Liu Wen-Cheng et al. Journal of personalized medicine 2021 11(11)
- Identifying Risk Factors for Complicated Post-operative Course in Tetralogy of Fallot Using a Machine Learning Approach.
Faerber Jennifer A et al. Frontiers in cardiovascular medicine 2021 8685855
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia in Premature Acute Coronary Syndrome. Insights from CholeSTEMI Registry.
Lorca Rebeca et al. Journal of clinical medicine 2020 Oct 9(11)
- Understanding the stakeholders' preferences on a mobile application to reduce door to balloon time in the management of ST-elevated myocardial infarction patients - a qualitative study.
Alkamel Nour et al. BMC medical informatics and decision making 2020 Aug 20(1) 205
- United States Pulmonary Hypertension Scientific Registry (USPHSR): Baseline Characteristics.
Badlam Jessica B et al. Chest 2020 Aug
- Identification of Undetected Monogenic Cardiovascular Disorders.
Abdulrahim Jawan W et al. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2020 Aug 76(7) 797-808
- Prospective CYP2C19 Genotyping to Guide Antiplatelet Therapy Following Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: A Pragmatic Randomized Clinical Trial.
Tuteja Sony et al. Circulation. Genomic and precision medicine 2020 Jan
- Extended Reality in Medical Practice.
Andrews Christopher et al. Current treatment options in cardiovascular medicine 2019 Mar 21(4) 18
- Next generation MicroRNA sequencing to identify coronary artery disease patients at risk of recurrent myocardial infarction.
Kanuri Sri H et al. Atherosclerosis 2018 Oct 278232-239
- CLINGEN Actionability Report for Very Long Chain Actyl-CoA Dehydrogenase Deficiency (ACADVLD) - ACADVL
ClinGen Actionability Working Group
- Projected impact of a multigene pharmacogenetic test to optimize medication prescribing in cardiovascular patients.
Dong Olivia M et al. Pharmacogenomics 2018 May
- Clinical implementation of rapid CYP2C19 genotyping to guide antiplatelet therapy after percutaneous coronary intervention.
Cavallari Larisa H et al. Journal of translational medicine 2018 Apr 16(1) 92
- Feasibility of clinical pharmacist-led CYP2C19 genotyping for patients receiving non-emergent cardiac catheterization in an integrated health system.
Johnson Samuel G et al. Pharmacy practice 15(2) 946
- Genetic identification of familial hypercholesterolemia within a single U.S. health care system.
Abul-Husn Noura S et al. Science (New York, N.Y.) 2016 Dec 354(6319)
- Subclinical carotid atherosclerosis and early vascular aging from long-term low-dose ionizing radiation exposure: a genetic, telomere, and vascular ultrasound study in cardiac catheterization laboratory staff.
Andreassi Maria Grazia et al. JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2015 Apr 20. (4) 616-27
- Implementation of pharmacogenetics: the University of Maryland Personalized Anti-platelet Pharmacogenetics Program.
- Operational implementation of prospective genotyping for personalized medicine: the design of the Vanderbilt PREDICT project.
- Heart Murmur
From NHLBI health topic site
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Feb 1, 2023
- Page last updated:May 27, 2023
- Content source: