Last Posted: Mar 21, 2023
- Outbreak of Polio Linked to Newer Oral Vaccine Detected in Africa
Hein I. MedPage Today, Mar 17, 2023.
- GPEI Statement on cVDPV2 detections in Burundi and Democratic Republic of the Congo
Global Polio Eradication Initiative, Mar 16, 2023.
- Genetic and epidemiological description of an outbreak of circulating vaccine-derived polio-virus type 2 (cVDPV2) in Angola, 2019-2020.
Alda Morais et al. Vaccine 2023 2
- More States Consider Wastewater Surveillance for Polio
DePeau-Wilson M. MedPage Today, Dec 27, 2022.
- Sequencing tests confirm polio transmission in Indonesia
Schnirring L. CIDRAP, Dec 20, 2022.
- CDC planning wastewater testing for polio in select communities
CDC, November 30, 2022
- Wastewater Testing and Detection of Poliovirus Type 2 Genetically Linked to Virus Isolated from a Paralytic Polio Case — New York, March 9–October 11, 2022
Ryerson AB, et al. MMWR, Oct 28, 2022.
- Emergence of genetically linked vaccine-originated poliovirus type 2 in the absence of oral polio vaccine, Jerusalem, April to July 2022.
Zuckerman Neta S et al. Euro surveillance : bulletin Europeen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin 2022 9 (37)
- United States confirmed as country with circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus
CDC, September 13, 2022
- How Long Has Polio Been Circulating in the U.S.?
DePeau-Wilson M. MedPage Today, Aug 25, 2022.
About Infectious Diseases PHGKB
Infectious Diseases Cancer PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the impact of genomics, advanced molecular detection, and precision health technologies on the control and prevention of infectious diseases...more
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Feb 1, 2023
- Page last updated:Mar 28, 2023
- Content source: