- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Feb 16, 2019
- Digitizing the way to better sleep health
SJ Jaiswal et al, Lancet, February 14, 2019
- Polygenic risk score identifies associations between sleep duration and diseases determined from an electronic medical record biobank.
Dashti Hassan S et al. Sleep 2018 Dec
- Clinical and Experimental Human Sleep-Wake Pharmacogenetics.
Landolt Hans-Peter et al. Handbook of experimental pharmacology 2018 Nov
- Investigating causal relationships between sleep traits and risk of breast cancer: a Mendelian randomization study
RC Richmond et al, BIORXIOV, November 2018
- Pharmacogenomics and Biomarkers of Depression.
Jha Manish K et al. Handbook of experimental pharmacology 2018 Oct
- Correlation between HLA-DQB1*06:02 and narcolepsy with and without cataplexy: approving a safe and sensitive genetic test in four major ethnic groups. A systematic meta-analysis.
Capittini C et al. Sleep medicine 2018 Sep 52150-157
- New supplemental awards boost NIH funding for research on Down syndrome
NIH, October 1, 2018
- Precision medicine in circadian rhythm sleep-wake disorders: current state and future perspectives.
Keijzer Henry et al. Personalized medicine 2017 14(2) 171-182
- NIH launches initiative to accelerate genetic therapies to cure sickle cell disease
NIH, September 13, 2018
- HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders.
Mensah George A et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2018 Sep
- Just 21 People Are Known to Have This Rare Genetic Condition. Can You Help Us Find More?
L Sanders, New York Times, August, 2018
- A Molecular Reason Why Obese People Have Trouble Losing Weight
B Stetka, Scientific American, August 23, 2018
- One womans race to defuse the genetic time bomb in her genes
A Regalado, Tech Review, July 23, 2018
- Stimulating Implementation Science in Genomics and Precision Medicine for Heart, Lung, Blood and Sleep Diseases: The Case of Familial Hypercholesterolemia
MJ Khoury et al, Blog Post, June 5, 2018
- The Use of Precision Medicine to Manage Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment in Patients with Resistant Hypertension: Current Evidence and Future Directions.
Sapiña Esther et al. Current hypertension reports 2018 Jun 20(7) 60
- NIH statement on World Asthma Day 2018
NIH video: patients and scientists work together to advance asthma research.
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Rare Disease Cohorts in Heart, Lung, Blood and Sleep Disorders
NHLBI, Apr 2018
- Rare Genetic Diseases- Ending diagnostic odysseys for patients with rare diseases
NHGRI, Apr 2018
- Sleep disorders and Parkinson disease; lessons from genetics.
Gan-Or Ziv et al. Sleep medicine reviews 2018 Jan
- Genetic Ancestry for Sleep Research: Leveraging Health Inequalities to Identify Causal Genetic Variants.
Prasad Bharati et al. Chest 2018 Mar
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Feb 20, 2019
- Content source: