- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Aug 11, 2019
- Fine-mapping of the human leukocyte antigen locus as a risk factor for Alzheimer disease: A case-control study.
Steele Natasha Z R, et al. PLoS medicine 2017 3 (3) e1002272
- Correlation between HLA-DQB1*06:02 and narcolepsy with and without cataplexy: approving a safe and sensitive genetic test in four major ethnic groups. A systematic meta-analysis.
Capittini C, et al. Sleep medicine 2018 12 150-157
- Precision Medicine for Idiopathic Hypersomnia.
Arnulf Isabelle et al. Sleep medicine clinics 2019 Sep 14(3) 333-350
- Relationship between T-cell receptor a gene polymorphisms and symptomatic differences in patients with narcolepsy type 1.
Ouyang Hui, et al. Chinese medical journal 2019 7
- Pandemrix-induced narcolepsy is associated with genes related to immunity and neuronal survival.
Hallberg Pär, et al. EBioMedicine 2019 1
- A variant at 9q34.11 is associated with HLA-DQB1*06:02 negative essential hypersomnia.
Miyagawa Taku, et al. Journal of human genetics 2018 9
- HLA-DQB1*06:02 allele frequency and clinic-polysomnographic features in Saudi Arabian patients with narcolepsy.
Al Shareef Saad M, et al. Sleep & breathing = Schlaf & Atmung 2018 9
- Just 21 People Are Known to Have This Rare Genetic Condition. Can You Help Us Find More?
L Sanders, New York Times, August, 2018
- ImmunoChip study implicates antigen presentation to T cells in narcolepsy.
Faraco Juliette, et al. PLoS genetics 2013 0 (2) e1003270
- Fast sleep spindle density is associated with rs4680 (Val108/158Met) genotype of Catechol-O-Methyltransferase (COMT).
Schilling Claudia, et al. Sleep 2018 1
- The immunogenetics of narcolepsy associated with A(H1N1)pdm09 vaccination (Pandemrix) supports a potent gene-environment interaction.
Bomfim I L, et al. Genes and immunity 2017 3
- Renin-angiotensin system gene expression and neurodegenerative diseases.
Goldstein Benjamin, et al. Journal of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system : JRAAS 2016 7 (3)
- Distribution of HLA-DQB1 in Czech Patients with Central Hypersomnias.
Vrana Milena, et al. Archivum immunologiae et therapiae experimentalis 2017 1
- Environmental factors in the etiology of type 1 diabetes, celiac disease, and narcolepsy.
Lernmark Åke, et al. Pediatric diabetes 2016 7 65-72
- Evaluation of polygenic risks for narcolepsy and essential hypersomnia.
Yamasaki Maria, et al. Journal of human genetics 2016 6
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 30, 2019
- Page last updated:Sep 22, 2019
- Content source: