- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Feb 28, 2019
- A distinctive DNA methylation pattern in insufficient sleep.
Lahtinen Alexandra et al. Scientific reports 2019 Feb 9(1) 1193
- Insomnia tied to depression, cardiovascular disease
M Prize, Science, February 25, 2019
- Associations Between Pre-Sleep Arousal and Insomnia Symptoms in Early Adulthood: A Twin and Sibling Study.
Schneider Melanie N et al. Sleep 2019 Feb
- Genome-wide analysis of insomnia in 1,331,010 individuals identifies new risk loci and functional pathways.
Jansen Philip R, et al. Nature genetics 2019 0 0. (3) 394-403
- Polygenic risk score identifies associations between sleep duration and diseases determined from an electronic medical record biobank.
Dashti Hassan S et al. Sleep 2018 Dec
- Clinical and Experimental Human Sleep-Wake Pharmacogenetics.
Landolt Hans-Peter et al. Handbook of experimental pharmacology 2018 Nov
- Investigating causal relationships between sleep traits and risk of breast cancer: a Mendelian randomization study
RC Richmond et al, BIORXIOV, November 2018
- Pharmacogenomics and Biomarkers of Depression.
Jha Manish K et al. Handbook of experimental pharmacology 2018 Oct
- One womans race to defuse the genetic time bomb in her genes
A Regalado, Tech Review, July 23, 2018
- Rare Genetic Diseases- Ending diagnostic odysseys for patients with rare diseases
NHGRI, Apr 2018
- A search for insomnia genes involving 1.3 million people is the largest genetic study ever
A Regalado, MIT Tech Review, Feb 2,2018
- Epigenetic Effects of PTSD Remediation in Veterans Using Clinical Emotional Freedom Techniques: A Randomized Controlled Pilot Study.
Church Dawson et al. American journal of health promotion : AJHP 2016 Aug
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Apr 21, 2019
- Content source: