Congenital Heart Defects
Last Posted: Apr 28, 2022
- Exploring the diagnostic utility of genome sequencing for fetal congenital heart defects.
Cao Y et al. Prenatal diagnosis 2022
- It Is Not Carved in Stone-The Need for a Genetic Reevaluation of Variants in Pediatric Cardiomyopathies.
Westphal Dominik Sebastian et al. Journal of cardiovascular development and disease 2022 9(2)
- 5 Things to Know About Heart Defects
CDC, February 2022
- From Heart Murmur to Echocardiography - Congenital Heart Defects Diagnostics Using Machine-Learning Algorithms.
Begic Edin et al. Psychiatria Danubina 2022 33(Suppl 13) 236-246
- Cell-free DNA screening for prenatal detection of 22q11.2 deletion syndrome.
Dar Pe'er et al. American journal of obstetrics and gynecology 2022
- Assessing genetic counselors' graduate school education and training in congenital heart defects.
Ahmad Aaliya et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Supports Decision Making during Open-Chest Surgery of Rare Congenital Heart Defects.
Lo Muzio Francesco Paolo et al. Journal of clinical medicine 2021 10(22)
- The current state of prenatal detection of genetic conditions in congenital heart defects.
Findley Tina O et al. Translational pediatrics 2021 10(8) 2157-2170
- Genetic Evaluation of Inpatient Neonatal and Infantile Congenital Heart Defects: New Findings and Review of the Literature.
Helm Benjamin M et al. Genes 2021 12(8)
- High Familial Recurrence of Congenital Heart Defects in Laterality Defects Patients: An Evaluation of 184 Families.
Hu Huifang et al. Pediatric cardiology 2021
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
- CDC Information (10)
- NIH Information (6)
- COVID-19 (4)
- CDC Publications (6)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (151)
- GWAS Studies (3)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (34)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (2)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (4)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (7)
- Reviews/Commentaries (22)
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.