Last Posted: Aug 15, 2022
- Sickle Cell Disease and COVID-19 Infection: Importance of COVID-19 Testing and Approach to Management.
Umar Zaryab, et al. Cureus 2022 0 0. (3) e23604
- Case Report: X-Linked SASH3 Deficiency Presenting as a Common Variable Immunodeficiency.
Labrador-Horrillo Moisés, et al. Frontiers in immunology 2022 0 0. 881206
- DNA testing for sickle cell anemia in Africa: Implementation choices for the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Ngole Mamy et al. Journal of clinical laboratory analysis 2022 e24398
- Strategies to increase access to basic sickle cell disease care in low- and middle-income countries.
Dua Meghna et al. Expert review of hematology 2022 1-12
- Targeting fetal hemoglobin expression to treat β hemoglobinopathies.
Steinberg Martin H et al. Expert opinion on therapeutic targets 2022
- Vaccinating Children with Disabilities Against COVID-19
CDC, April 2022
- Development and internal validation of machine learning algorithms for end-stage renal disease risk prediction model of people with type 2 diabetes mellitus and diabetic kidney disease.
Zou Yutong et al. Renal failure 2022 44(1) 562-570
- 50 Years Ago in TheJournalofPediatrics: Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease: A Promise (Un)Fulfilled.
Strumph Kaitlin et al. The Journal of pediatrics 2022 24368
- A landscape analysis and discussion of value of gene therapies for sickle cell disease.
Quach D et al. Expert review of pharmacoeconomics & outcomes research 2022
- Advances in the Management of Sickle Cell Disease: New Concepts and Future Horizons.
Higgins Tara et al. The journal of pediatric pharmacology and therapeutics : JPPT : the official journal of PPAG 2022 27(3) 206-213
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
- CDC Information (75)
- NIH Information (106)
- COVID-19 (265)
- CDC Publications (32)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (2886)
- GWAS Studies (49)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (557)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (66)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (35)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (14)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (35)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (24)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (31)
- Reviews/Commentaries (458)
- Tools/Methods (10)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (20)
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.