Last Posted: Oct 08, 2021
- Blood Demand and Challenges for Patients With Beta-Thalassemia Major in Eastern Saudi Arabia.
Albagshi Muneer H et al. Cureus 2021 13(8) e17470
- Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Delays in Children 0 to 5 Years of Age With Sickle Cell Disease: A Systematic Literature Review.
Knight La'Kita M J et al. Journal of pediatric hematology/oncology 2021 Feb
- Frequency of Alpha Thalassaemia in homozygous Beta Thalassaemia paediatric patients and its clinical impact at a blood disease centre in Karachi, Pakistan.
Hassan Jawad, et al. JPMA. The Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association 2019 7 (7) 959-963
- First gene therapy to treat rare blood disease nears European approval
A Feurstein, Stat News, March 29, 2019
- [Using target next-generation sequencing assay in diagnosing of 46 patients with suspected congenital anemias].
Li Y et al. Zhonghua xue ye xue za zhi = Zhonghua xueyexue zazhi 2018 May 39(5) 414-419
- Gene therapy helps patients avoid blood transfusion, study says
CNN, Apr 19, 2018
- FC gamma receptor polymorphisms in patients with immune thrombocytopenia.
Pavkovic Marica, et al. Hematology (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 2017 9 1-6
- An Expert Review of Pharmacogenomics of Sickle Cell Disease Therapeutics: Not Yet Ready for Global Precision Medicine.
Mnika Khuthala et al. Omics : a journal of integrative biology 2016 Sep
- Clinical events and their relation to the tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-10 genotypes in Sickle-Cell-Anemia patients.
Cavalcante J E A, et al. Hematology/oncology and stem cell therapy 2015 12
- Measuring and Validating a General Cancer Predisposition Perception Scale: An Adaptation of the Revised-IPQ-Genetic Predisposition Scale.
Lam Wendy Wing Tak et al. PloS one 2015 10(11) e0142620
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.