- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Feb 06, 2019
- Body composition and atrial fibrillation: a Mendelian randomization study.
Tikkanen Emmi et al. European heart journal 2019 Feb
- Assessment of the Relationship Between Genetic Determinants of Thyroid Function and Atrial Fibrillation
A Mendelian Randomization Study
C Ellervik et al, JAMA Cardiology, January 23, 2019
- Thyroid Function and the Risk of Atrial Fibrillation
Exploring Potentially Causal Relationships Through Mendelian Randomization
JD Roberts, JAMA Cardiology, January 23, 2019
- Genotype-Positive Status Is Associated With Poor Prognoses in Patients With Left Ventricular Noncompaction Cardiomyopathy.
Li Shijie et al. Journal of the American Heart Association 2018 Oct 7(20) e009910
- Genetics of Atrial Fibrillation.
Feghaly Julien et al. Journal of the American Heart Association 2018 Oct 7(20) e009884
- Keeping the Beat - Researchers Find New Genetic Variants Linked to Atrial Fibrillation, Suggesting New Treatment Targets
S Ktori, GEN News, October 25, 2018
- Atrial Fibrillation and Central Nervous Complications in Liver Transplanted Hereditary Transthyretin Amyloidosis Patients.
Wange Niklas et al. Transplantation 2018 102(2) e59-e66
- [Genetic testing in polygenic diseases : Atrial fibrillation, arterial hypertension and coronary artery disease].
Trenkwalder T et al. Herz 2017 Aug 42(5) 440-448
- Association Between Family History and Early-Onset Atrial Fibrillation Across Racial and Ethnic Groups
Z Alzaharani et al, JAMA Network Open, September 21, 2018
- Atrial Fibrillation Fact Sheet
CDC Fact Sheet
- Is There a Role for Genes in Exercise-Induced Atrial Cardiomyopathy?
Fatkin Diane et al. Heart, lung & circulation 2018 Sep 27(9) 1093-1098
- Why Do Polygenic Risk Scores Get So Much Hype? GWAS for Common Disease Variants Gains Prominence
J Lemieux, GEN, August 22, 2018
- Clinical Course and Management of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.
Maron Barry J et al. The New England journal of medicine 2018 Aug 379(7) 655-668
- Clues to Your Health Are Hidden at 6.6 Million Spots in Your DNA
With a sophisticated new algorithm, scientists have found a way to forecast an individuals risks for five deadly diseases.
G Kolata, New York Times, August 13, 2018
- Cost Effectiveness of Genotype-Guided Warfarin Dosing in Patients with Mechanical Heart Valve Replacement Under the Fee-for-Service System.
Kim Dong-Jin et al. Applied health economics and health policy 2017 Oct 15(5) 657-667
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Feb 18, 2019
- Content source: