- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Mar 19, 2019
Apple Heart Study demonstrates ability of wearable technology to detect atrial fibrillation
Stanford researchers presented preliminary findings from a virtual study that enrolled more than 400,000 participants.
Stanford University, March 16, 2019
- Apple Watch Atrial Fibrillation Study Has High Rate of False Positives
M Terry, Biospace, March 18, 2019
- Apple Watch Helps Detect AF: Is This the Future?
S Hughes, Medscape, March 16, 2019
- Genetics Of Atrial Fibrilation: In Search Of Novel Therapeutic Targets.
Lozano-Velasco Estefanía et al. Cardiovascular & hematological disorders drug targets 2019 Feb
- Giant study shows Apple Watch can spot heart rhythm changes but its far from medical-grade technology
M Herper, Stat News, March 16, 2019
- A Genetic Risk Score for Atrial Fibrillation Predicts the Response to Catheter Ablation.
Choe Won Seok et al. Korean circulation journal 2018 Dec
- Can Genetic Risk Scoring Predict Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Outcomes?
Lin Chin Yu et al. Korean circulation journal 2019 Feb
- Body composition and atrial fibrillation: a Mendelian randomization study.
Tikkanen Emmi et al. European heart journal 2019 Feb
- Assessment of the Relationship Between Genetic Determinants of Thyroid Function and Atrial Fibrillation: A Mendelian Randomization Study.
Ellervik Christina, et al. JAMA cardiology 2019 1 0.
- Thyroid Function and the Risk of Atrial Fibrillation: Exploring Potentially Causal Relationships Through Mendelian Randomization.
Roberts Jason D, et al. JAMA cardiology 2019 1 0.
- Genotype-Positive Status Is Associated With Poor Prognoses in Patients With Left Ventricular Noncompaction Cardiomyopathy.
Li Shijie et al. Journal of the American Heart Association 2018 Oct 7(20) e009910
- Genetics of Atrial Fibrillation.
Feghaly Julien et al. Journal of the American Heart Association 2018 Oct 7(20) e009884
- Keeping the Beat - Researchers Find New Genetic Variants Linked to Atrial Fibrillation, Suggesting New Treatment Targets
S Ktori, GEN News, October 25, 2018
- Atrial Fibrillation and Central Nervous Complications in Liver Transplanted Hereditary Transthyretin Amyloidosis Patients.
Wange Niklas et al. Transplantation 2018 102(2) e59-e66
- [Genetic testing in polygenic diseases : Atrial fibrillation, arterial hypertension and coronary artery disease].
Trenkwalder T et al. Herz 2017 Aug 42(5) 440-448
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Apr 21, 2019
- Content source: