- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Feb 14, 2019
- Characteristics and outcomes of patients with formiminoglutamic aciduria detected through newborn screening.
Ahrens-Nicklas Rebecca C et al. Journal of inherited metabolic disease 2019 Jan 42(1) 140-146
- Thalassemia Management: Balancing Blood and Iron
Public Health Webinar Series on Blood Disorders. Feb 28, 2019 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
- Clinical Classification, Screening and Diagnosis for Thalassemia.
Viprakasit Vip et al. Hematology/oncology clinics of North America 2018 32(2) 193-211
- Targeted RNA-seq successfully identifies normal and pathogenic splicing events in breast/ovarian cancer susceptibility and Lynch syndrome genes.
Brandão Rita D et al. International journal of cancer 2019 Jan
- Human Molecular Genetics Has Not Yet Contributed to Measurable Public Health Advances.
Paneth Nigel et al. Perspectives in biology and medicine 2018 61(4) 537-549
- Invasive molecular prenatal diagnosis of alpha and beta thalassemia among Hakka pregnant women.
Wu Heming et al. Medicine 2018 Dec 97(52) e13557
- Clinical and Molecular Features of Feline Foamy Virus and Feline Leukemia Virus Co-Infection in Naturally-Infected Cats.
Cavalcante Liliane T F et al. Viruses 2018 Dec 10(12)
- The current state of sickle cell trait: implications for reproductive and genetic counseling.
Pecker Lydia H et al. Hematology. American Society of Hematology. Education Program 2018 Nov 2018(1) 474-481
- Inherited hemolytic anemia: a possessive beginner's guide.
Mohandas Narla et al. Hematology. American Society of Hematology. Education Program 2018 Nov 2018(1) 377-381
- Measuring success: utility of biomarkers in sickle cell disease clinical trials and care.
Kalpatthi Ram et al. Hematology. American Society of Hematology. Education Program 2018 Nov 2018(1) 482-492
- Relationship Between Social Determinants of Health and the Thalassemia Prenatal Diagnosis Test in Zahedan, South Eastern Iran.
Sargolzaie Narjes et al. Hemoglobin 2018 Nov 1-5
- Prevalence of nonfounder BRCA1/2 mutations in Ashkenazi Jewish patients presenting for genetic testing at a hereditary breast and ovarian cancer center.
Frey Melissa K et al. Cancer 2018 Nov
- Newborn screening of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency in Guangxi, China: determination of optimal cutoff value to identify heterozygous female neonates.
Fu Chunyun et al. Scientific reports 2018 8(1) 833
- Prevalence of inherited blood disorders and associations with malaria and anemia in Malawian children.
McGann Patrick T et al. Blood advances 2018 Nov 2(21) 3035-3044
- Who is more likely to develop CKD?
NIDDK Information, 2018
- NIH Information (45)
- CDC Genomics Publications (31)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (11)
- Epidemiologic Studies (1617)
- GWAS Studies (24)
- Translation/Implementation Studies (144)
- Evidence Synthesis (15)
- Guidelines (8)
- Tier Table (1)
- Reviews/Commentaries (81)
- Tools/Methods (2)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (3)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Feb 18, 2019
- Content source: