Last Posted: Nov 28, 2023
- Comparing Active Surveillance and Watchful Waiting With Radical Treatment Using Machine Learning Models Among Patients With Prostate Cancer.
Siqi Hu et al. JCO Clin Cancer Inform 2023 7e2300083
- A Newborn Screening Program for Sickle Cell Disease in Murcia (Spain).
María Sánchez-Villalobos et al. Int J Neonatal Screen 2023 9(4)
- Epidemiology of Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency in Arab Countries: Insights from a Systematic Review.
Abdulaziz S Alangari et al. J Clin Med 2023 12(20)
- Identifying patients at risk for hereditary myeloid malignancy syndromes incorporating a novel, self-administered questionnaire to an initial screening platform.
Mohammad Faizan Zahid et al. Eur J Haematol 2023
- Genotypic analysis of a large cohort of patients with suspected atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome.
Dervla M Connaughton et al. J Mol Med (Berl) 2023
- Why we need more Black blood donors to treat sickle cell anemia
SB Peter, CNN, June 27, 2023
- Diamond-Blackfan anemia in adults: In pursuit of a common approach for a rare disease.
Deena Iskander et al. Blood Rev 2023 101097
- CRISPR in Public Health: The Health Equity Implications and Role of Community in Gene-Editing Research and Applications.
Andrew M Subica et al. Am J Public Health 2023 e1-e9
- Food Consumption of People with Sickle Cell Anemia in a Middle-Income Country.
Tamara Vilhena Teixeira et al. Nutrients 2023 15(6)
- Iron Status in Sickle Cell Anemia: Deficiency or Overload?
Varsha P Patel et al. Cureus 2023 15(2) e35310
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Oct 1, 2023
- Page last updated:Dec 02, 2023
- Content source: