- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Feb 12, 2020
- Application of Machine Learning Models to Evaluate Hypoglycemia Risk in Type 2 Diabetes.
Mueller Luke et al. Diabetes therapy : research, treatment and education of diabetes and related disorders 2020 Feb
- Cell free DNA as a diagnostic and prognostic marker for cardiovascular diseases.
Polina Iuliia A et al. Clinica chimica acta; international journal of clinical chemistry 2020 Jan 503145-150
- Patient Management Assisted by a Neural Network Reduces Mortality in an Intermediate Care Unit.
Heili-Frades Sarah et al. Archivos de bronconeumologia 2020 Jan
- Nationwide carrier detection and molecular characterization of β-thalassemia and hemoglobin E variants in Bangladeshi population.
Noor Farjana Akther et al. Orphanet journal of rare diseases 2020 Jan 15(1) 15
- Performance of ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes for identifying children with Sickle Cell Anemia.
Reeves Sarah L et al. Health services research 2020 Jan
- Mitral valve prolapse, a familial condition worth screening for?
Regieli Jakub J et al. European journal of preventive cardiology 2019 Dec 2047487319893368
- Machine learning can accurately predict pre-admission baseline hemoglobin and creatinine in intensive care patients.
Dauvin Antonin et al. NPJ digital medicine 2019 2116
- Addressing the diagnostic gaps in pyruvate kinase deficiency: Consensus recommendations on the diagnosis of pyruvate kinase deficiency.
Bianchi Paola et al. American journal of hematology 2019 94(1) 149-161
- Diagnosis and Management of Genetic Iron Overload Disorders.
Palmer William C et al. Journal of general internal medicine 2018 33(12) 2230-2236
- Clinical utility of combined preimplantation genetic testing methods in couples at risk of passing on beta thalassemia/hemoglobin E disease: A retrospective review from a single center.
Satirapod Chonthicha et al. PloS one 2019 14(11) e0225457
- Progress in pediatrics in 2015: choices in allergy, endocrinology, gastroenterology, genetics, haematology, infectious diseases, neonatology, nephrology, neurology, nutrition, oncology and pulmonology.
Caffarelli Carlo et al. Italian journal of pediatrics 2016 Aug 42(1) 75
- Molecular analysis using targeted next generation DNA sequencing and clinical spectrum of Mexican patients with isovaleric acidemia.
Ibarra-González Isabel et al. Clinica chimica acta; international journal of clinical chemistry 2019 Nov
- Crispr Takes Its First Steps in Editing Genes to Fight Cancer
D Grady, NY Times, November 6, 2019
- Prevalence and Genetic Analysis of α - and β -Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Anemia in Southwest Iran.
Nezhad Forozan H et al. Journal of epidemiology and global health 2018 8(3-4) 189-195
- PARP Inhibitors Show Promise as Initial Treatment for Ovarian Cancer
NCI, October 29, 2019
- NIH Information (45)
- CDC Publications (33)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (1564)
- GWAS Studies (27)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (87)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (17)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (9)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (6)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (3)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (36)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (13)
- Reviews/Commentaries (79)
- Tools/Methods (2)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (3)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.