04/07/2021: PHGKB launched a new version (v7.3)
The new release includes:
1. Fixed the display problem of the search result page on the global search in Edge browser.
2. Fixed the problem of retrieving all non-GPH records in COVID-19 GPH.
3. Removed the contact tracing page in COVID-19 GPH.
4. Reordering (descending chronological order) of the records in COVID-19 Weekly Update.
5. Added a new filter - Publication Category in COVID-19 GPH including Treatment, Mechanism, Diagnosis, Prevention, Vaccine, Variant, Forecasting, Surveillance, Case Report, Transmission and Health Equity.
6. Added new Content Statistics (Publication Types, Publication Categories) in the COVID-19 GPH landing page
7. Added the banner images under each PubMed records to indicate the Publication Category.
8. Added Download function to COVID-19 GPH database.
9. Fixed the glitch of the More function in the Rare Diseases PHGKB
10 Added Genopedia and Phenopedia back to HuGE Navigator suite.
11. Enhanced the More function in PHGKB global search result
12. Added COVID-19 information in the specialized PHGKBs
13. Fixed the display issues for MyPHGKB See the release note
03/03/2021: A New Specialized PHGKB - Pharmacogenomics PHGKB
PGx PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to medications. Check it out
03/03/2021: PHGKB launched a new version (v7.2)
The new release includes:
1. A new specialized PHGKB - Pharmacogenomics PHGKB
2. Added Journal filter for CDC Authored Publication Database
3. A new mechanism to pull out the records for specific Human Genes to avoid the confusion of a straight search on the gene symbols in COVID-19 GPH
4. Added subtitles when selecting sub datasets for all databases: COVID-19 GPH, CDC/NIH Web Information database, CDC-Authored Genomics and Precision Health Publications Database, Precision Health Database, Tier-Classified Guidelines Database, State Public Health Genomics Programs Database, Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detectipon Database and HuGE Literature Finder.
5. Added doi link for each PubMed record in CDC-Authored Genomics and Precision Health Publications Database
6. Added Altmetric data into the database and created Top 5 Most with Highest Altmetric Scores in CDC-Authored Genomics and Precision Health Publications Database landing page
7. Added a topic page (Surveillance) in COVID-19 GPH
8. Fixed the organization filter glitch in Tier-Classified Guideline database
9. other bug fixes See the release note
02/10/2021: PHGKB launched a new version (v7.1)
The new release includes:
1. New design for Advanced Molecular Detection Weekly Clips
2. New design for COVID-19 Precision Health Weekly Update
3. A new page - Variant in COVID-19 GPH
4. Fixed the images for the responsive pages. See the release note
01/27/2021: A New Non-Genomics Precision Health Weekly Scan
This weekly update features emerging roles of big data science, machine learning, and predictive analytics across the life span. The weekly scan focus on various conditions including, birth defects, newborn screening, reproductive health, childhood diseases, cancer, chronic diseases, medication, family health history, guidelines and recommendations. The weekly sweep also includes news, reviews, commentaries, tools and database. Check it out
01/27/2021: PHGKB launched a new version (v7.0)
The new release includes:
1. Fix the missing records from What's New section for all specialized PHGKBs
2. Reorganized the horizon scan data with two categories e.g. Genomics and Non-Genomics.
3. Created a new Non-Genomics Precision Health Weekly Update.
4. Changed the new search for Genomics & Health Impact Weekly Scan database.
5. Modified all changes in the system related to #4
6. Changed the names for some databases (Genomics Precision Health Weekly Scan, Non-Genomics Precision Health Weekly Scan, Precision Health Database) See the release note
01/15/2021: A New Special Topic Page in COVID-19 GPH
CDC PHGKB launched A Special Topic Page in COVID-19 GPH for vaccines that lists emerging information and publications in COVID-19 Genomics and Precision Health portal that are relevant to vaccine development, evaluation, implementation and impact.
Check it out
01/15/2021: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.9)
The new release includes:
1. Created a new specialized PHGKB - Reproductive and Child Health PHGKB (RCH PHGKB).
2. Created a new page in COVID-19 GPH - Vaccines and COVID-19
3. Fixed the glitch on the summary number for Equity Health records in COVID-19 GPH.
4. Created a new specialized PHGKB - Reproductive and Child Health PHGKB
5. Modified the landing page for all specialized PHGKB with a Spotlight section and the new layout look.
6. Fixed the glitch that the search for "vaccine" or "forecasting" was not accurate with the choices of All, GPH, or non-GPH
7. Other bug fixes. See the release note
12/09/2020: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.8)
The new release includes:
1. Fixed the Year filtering function for all databases
2. Added Search functions for Family Health History PHGKB and Health Equity PHGKB.
3. Added COVID-19 statistics and link to the COVID-19 GPH for all specialized PHGKBs.
4. Added sub datasets in COVID-19 GPH and sub datasets (FHH and Equity) to all specialized PHGKBs
5. Modified COVID-19 GPH landing Search box.
6. Modified the search algorithms for quick links to different databases from the specialized PHGKB.
7. Fixed the data integrity problems.
8. Other bug fixes. See the release note
11/25/2020: A New Specialized PHGKB - Family Health History PHGKB
CDC PHGKB launched a new specialized PHGKB - Family Health History PHGKB. Family Health History PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of information and publications relevant to the role of family health history in healthcare and disease prevention. Check it out
11/06/2020: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.6)
The new release includes:
1. Created a new specialized PHGKB (Health Equity PHGKB)
2. Added a Special Topic box on the right side of the PHGKB landing page.
3. Changed the name "Selected Common Diseases" to "Selected Common Diseases, Risk Factors and Topics" in COVID-19 GPH landing page.
4. Added more diseases, risk factors and topics on the list of Selected Common Diseases, Risk Factors and Topics page.
5. Created specific search for Health Equity in all existing databases in PHGKB. See the release note
10/19/2020: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.5.1)
The new release includes:
1. Wrong spelling (orginal) in the Query Trace for all database search result pages.
2. Added the link (WHO Global COVID-19 Literature Database in the COVID-19 GPH page.
3. Changed "Common Diseases and COVID-19" to "Selected Common Diseases and COVID-19" in Selected Common Diseases Page in COVID-19 GPH
4. Handle "Neoplasm" case as a search term (convert to "Cancer")
5. Retired Phenopedia and Genopedia
6. Resume Dataset Download Center
See the release note
09/29/2020: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.5)
The new release includes:
1. Added a new Special Topic page for Selected Common Diseases in COVID-19 GPH
2. Added a new Special Topic page for Human Genes in COVID-19 GPH
3. Added a new Special Topic page for Health Equity in COVID-19 GPH
4. Added a new filtering function (Gene) in COVID-19 GPH
5. Added a new classification of Health Equity in COVID-19 GPH dataset
6. Disabled the data download functions.
7. Many bug fixes. See the release note
09/04/2020: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.4)
The highlights of this release includes:
1. New Selected Genetics Disease page in COVID-19 GPH.
2. COVID-19 forecasting classification Check out the detail.
08/10/2020: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.3)
The highlights of the release includes:
1 Modified COVID-19 GPH (Coronavirus Disease Portal): the name change; COVID-19 only;
2 Rare disease and COVID-19 page in COVID-19 GPH.
3 The new Weekly Update for COVID-19 as a new addition of Office Weekly Update.
Check out the detail
07/10/2020: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.2.5)
The highlights of the new release included:
1. Disable the filtering features (Gene, Disease, Drug) in Tier-Classified Guideline Database.
2. Fixed the downloading for Tier-Classified Database in the download center.
3. Added an announcement in Hot Topic Email alert for Coronavirus Disease Portal.
4. Added new coding scheme for CDC Authored Publication Database
5. Modified PubMed automatic retrieval script to distinguish and assign the preprint articles and peer-reviewed articles.
6. Added three new Publication types
7. Fixed the glitch of the retrieval for the larger dataset PHGKB launched a new version (v6.2.4)
05/28/2020: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.2.4)
The highlights of the new release included:
1. Made modification of the CDC Authored Publication Database landing page.
2. Fixed the glitch of the gender selection for the Share Data download file in MFHP.
3. Changed PubMed query of CDC Authored Publications that was more sensitive.
4. Changed the More link in the CDP landing page to retrieve the records for most recent date. Check out
05/05/2020: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.2.3)
The highlights of the new release included the new version (version 4.0) of My Family Health Portrait and other enhancements of PHGKB Check it out
04/22/2020: The publication describing the Coronavirus Disease Portal was posted in bioRxiv
We developed a new online database that contains the most updated published scientific literature, online news and reports, CDC and National Institutes of Health (NIH) resources. The tool captures emerging discoveries and applications of genomics, molecular, and other precision medicine and precision public health tools in the investigation and control of coronavirus diseases, including COVID-19, MERS-CoV, and SARS. Availability: Coronavirus Disease Portal (CDP) can be freely accessed via https://phgkb.cdc.gov/PHGKB/coVInfoStartPage.action. Check it out.
04/16/2020: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.2.2)
The highlights of the new release included:
1. Changed URL links of the PubMed records in PHGKB databases to the new PubMed sites
2. Added Publication Type (PubMed and Online News/Report) in CDP
3. Added a new filter - Publication Type in Coronavirus Disease Portal for PubMed records vs Non PubMed records.
4. Changed redirect mechanism for each records in PHGKB that make it faster.
5. Bug fixes.
Check it out
04/07/2020: PHGKB launched a new version (v6.2.1) that included enhancements of the Coronavirus Disease Portal
The highlights of the new release included: 1. Added options for genomics vs non-genomics in the search function
2. Added Content Statistics on the landing page including Total Publications, Publications in Genomics, Publications in Non-Genomics and Publications in COVID-19.
3. Changed the record display scheme to deal with the old records newly added by PubMed.
4. Created PubMed query mechanism for classifying records with genomics vs non-genomics.
5. Add Altmetrix information to the records from PubMed.
6. Increased the loading speed of CDP landing page. Check out for more detal
03/26/2020: The new version (v6.2) of PHGKB was released. The release includes a new database - Coronavirus Disease Portal
The new version (v6.2) of PHGKB was launched. The highlights of the new version include:
1. Created a new prototype database - Coronavirus Disease Portal (CDP)
2. Created a curation process for the data collection of CDP
3. Added CDP to the database choice of MyPHGKB configuration.
4. Modified the email script including CDP database.
5. Added Email alert for CDP
6. Added filtering functions for CDP (year, country, journal)
7. Setup an automatic script for processing CDP data.
8. Added Spotlight section in the home page.
9. Bug fixes.
Check out for more detal
03/18/2020: Coronavirus Disease Portal was launched
Coronavirus Disease Portal is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that captures emerging discoveries and applications of genomics, molecular and other precision medicine and precision public health tools in the investigation and control of coronaviruses, such as COVID-19, MERS-CoV, and SARS.Contents of Coronavirus Disease Portal include PubMed records via an automated pubmed search algorithm, the relevant information picked by experts, and linkages to contents from our curated PHGKB databases. Coronavirus Disease Portal
03/03/2020: The new version (v6.1) of PHGKB was released. The release includes a new specialized PHGKB database - Diabetes PHGKB
The new version (v6.1) of PHGKB was launched. The highlights of the new version include:
1. Fixed glitch of the display all hot topics.
2. Fixed hyperlinks for Total Publications and Total CDC-Authored Publications in AMD Clips database home page.
3. Added Altmetric to the Tier-Classified Guideline Database.
4. Fixed the hard return at the end of the record line in the downloaded file.
5. Fixed the updated date in the pages.
6. Created Diabetes PHGKB
7. Fixed the filtering glitch in Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection Database
8. Fixed Infectious Disease PHGKB What's New display glitch
9. Changed the display format of Infectious Diseases PHGKB
10. Mitigate some security vulnerabilities of the system Check out the release note for detail
10/02/2019: The new version (v6.0) of PHGKB was released. The release includes many enhancements and changes.
The new version (v6.0) of PHGKB was launched. The highlights of the new version include:
1. Added paging for Hot Topic of Day archive search
2. List the number of all Hot Topics with hyperlink in the Content Summary box in the landing page.
3. Fixed the char encoding problem in the curation form
4. Add the link to the Hot Topics of the Day link in the left nav.
5. Fixed the redirect link problem in the search.
6. Add Category in the download file for Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database in the download center.
7. Fixed the glitch of Tier-Classified Guideline download.
8. Streamline the curation process.
9. Changed the name of Office of Public Health Genomics to Office of Genomics and Precision Health in the left nav menus, and Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology and Laboratory Services (CSELS) to CDC Office of Science in the footer.
9. Implement new password policy for MyPHGKB login. (at least 6 letter, one digit, one letter)
Check out the release note for detail
07/24/2019: The new version (v5.9) of PHGKB was released. The release includes new features related to hot topic of the day
The new version (v5.9) of PHGKB was launched. The highlights of the new version include:
1. Added The Hot Topics of the Day archived pages.
2. Added Search function for Hot Topics of the Day archive.
3. Added a web link of the Hot Topics of the Day in the email alert.
4. Added a new SVM screening script for Guideline data
5. Added summary content in the daily email alert Check out the release note for detail
06/25/2019: The new version (v5.8) of PHGKB was released. The release includes the launch of the new design of the home page, etc
The new version (v5.8) of PHGKB was launched. The highlights of the new version include:
1. Fixed HuGE Navigator download functions in the download center
2. Remove Tier Table download in the download center
3. Added Tier-Classified Guidelines Database download in the download center
4. Modified the Hot Topics of the Day display, and the page for all hot topics in a day. Check out the release note for detail
06/10/2019: The new version (v5.7) of PHGKB was released. The release includes the launch of a new database - Tier-Classified Guidelines Database
The new version (v5.7) of PHGKB was launched. The highlights of the new version include: 1. Added Tier filter in Genomics and Precision Health database.
2. Added Tier related records into Tier Table database from the horizon scan.
3. Create a new database - Tier-Classified Guidelines Database
4. Remove the old Tier Table database
5. Made Tier-Classified Guidelines Database to connect to other components in PHGKB, e.g. global search, specialized PHGKB, myPHGKB, email alerts, etc
6. Fixed the glitch on Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies in the global search result page.
7. Fixed the glitch on Category filtering in AMD Database Check out the release note for detail
03/27/2019: The new version (v5.5) of PHGKB was released. The release includes the name changes for PHGKB and applications
The new version (v5.5) of PHGKB was launched. The highlights of the new version include:
1. In the Weekly Scan curation process, added a new flag for catching Non-genomics Precision Health
3. Added three codings (Human Genomics, AMD, and non-genomics Precision Health for CDC Publication records
4. Add the hot topic cluster name into the Weekly Scan database to enhance the search.
5. Added subset datasets (Cancer, HLBS, Rare Disease) in the AMD database.
6. Added AMD hits in three specialized PHGKBs
7. Significant name changes (Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base, CDC-Authored Genomics and Precision Health Publication Database, Genomics and Precision Health Database, CDC Genomics and Precision Health Publications Database, etc) Check out the release note for detail
03/13/2019: The new version (v5.4) of PHGKB was released. The release includes the launch of a new specialized database - Rare Diseases PHGKB, and other changes.
New version (V5.4) of PHGKB was launched. The highlights of this release: 1. A new specialized PHGKB database - Rare Diseases PHGKB. 2. The interface change for Cancer PHGKB 3. Cancer PHGKB search function enhancement (only search for Cancer data) 4. Added options for Rare Disease dataset in all individual databases except Tier Table DB and AMD Clip DB 5. Many other enhancements and bug fixes for PHGKB and the curation process. Check out the release note for detail
01/31/2019: The new version (v5.3) of PHGKB was released. The release includes the interface changes on the PHGKB landing and search pages, etc
New version (V5.3) of PHGKB was launched. The highlights of this release:
1. New look of PHGKB landing page
2. New look of PHGKB search result page
3. New look of HLBS-PopOmics pages
4. HLBS-PopOmics search function enhancement (only search for HLBS data)
5. Added options for HLBS and Cancer dataset in all individual databases except Tier Table DB and AMD Clip DB
6. Many other enhancements and bug fixes for PHGKB and the curation process. Check out the release note for detail
12/30/2018: New CDC Blog: Your Top 10 Public Health Genomics Knowledge Base Searches in 2018!
Genetic counseling, Alzheimer's disease, and personal genomics top the list.... Read full blog post.
11/13/2018: New release of PHGKB (11/13/2018) (v5.2)
1. Added PHGKB News section in the main page, and the News archive page.
2. Changed the label "Grant Database" to "GRANTOMICS"
3. Internal News curation pages.
4. Added a new mechanism to redirect URL for many pages including PHGKB landing page, global search result page, AMD Weekly Clips, AMD Clips database, Weekly Genomics & Health Impact Scan, Genomics & Health Impact Scan database, CDC-Authored Genomics Publication Database, and three specialized databases.
10/19/2018: New release of PHGKB (10/19/2018) (v5.1)
1. Added gene filter function in Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database
2. Added PubTator to automatic indexing gene information in Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database
3. Added Grant Title) into GRANTOMICS
5. Changed left nav in an expanded way by default
6. Added Disclaimer in GRANTOMICS
7. Changed Gender label to Sex assigned at birth in My Family Health Portrait
10/07/2018: New CDC blog about GRANTOMICS.
Introducing GRANTOMICS: Our enhanced search engine and analysis tool for grant information associated with publications on genomics and population health impact. October 7, 2018. Read our new blog post .
09/20/2018: New release of PHGKB (09/20/2018) (v5.0)
1. Added Year filter in Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database and Advance Molecular Detection Clips Database.
2. Add Download function in Advance Molecular Detection Clips Database.
3. Add Similar articles in PubMed for any PubMed records
4. Changed the name "Grant Database" to "GRANTOMICS"
5. Fixed duplicated records in What's New display
6. Fixed two external disclaimer link icon
7. Make data connection to NIH RePORTER site
8. New GRANTOMICS landing page.
9. My Family Health Portrait tool.
10. Many other fixes.
09/20/2018: A new PHGKB article was published recently in Genetics in Medicine.
September 20, 2018: A new PHGKB article was published recently. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. Check it out.
07/25/2018: A new CDC blog was published about the new CDC-Authored Genomics Publication Database.
A new CDC blog was published about the new CDC-Authored Genomics Publication Database. Check it out.
06/20/2018: New release of PHGKB (06/20/2018) (v4.0)
1. Add Altmetric badges to CDC-Authored Genomics Publication Database, Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Database, Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database, and HuGE Literature Finder.
2. Added new features to CDC Authored Genomics Publication Database, e.g. paging, filtering by Year, CDC Author, CDC Organization, Downloading.
3. Added more content in the CDC Authored Genomics Publication Database landing page and Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Database
4. Add MyPHGKB Email Alert in Specialized PHGKB.
5. Bug fixes
05/15/2018: New release of PHGKB (05/15/2018) (v3.2)
1. Changed Contains to FREETEXT in full indexing text search to increase the sensitivity.
2. Modified sql query composition to increase the performance of Grant Database
3. Add statistics of Grant information for the global search result
4. Remove top 5 records in each tab for global, specialized databases
5. Include hot topic cluster name into the Weekly Scan database to increase the sensitivity of the search.
6. Display all records for CDC Information and CDC Publications under result table.
7. Combined two search result boxes to one.
8. fixed the glitch in GrantAuthor script
03/16/2018: PHGKB v3.1 was launched on 3/15/2018.
PHGKB v3.1 was launched on 3/15/2018. The new version includes the release of a new database - Grant Database and the incorporation of grant related information in HLBS-PopOmics sites, and other bug fixes and enhancements. Check it out.
03/15/2018: New release of PHGKB (3/15/2018) (v3.1)
1. Fixed wrong pubmed url in What's new section
2. Reorder the group categories in HLBS-PopOmics
3. Fixed NIH display in HLBS-PopOmics
4. Add HLBS flag in the hot topic curation form
5. Fixed dedup mechanism in the system
6. Fixed HLBS-PopOmics autoscript problem.
7. Fixed HLBS-PopOmics RD display problem.
8. Release Grant Database prototype
9. Add Grant Database data into HLBS-PopOmics result pages.
10. Modified About page
11. Added Grant Database statistic on the landing page
12. Fixed that issue where numeric values (e.g. 1, 2 etc) are ignored for the text searching.
02/28/2018: New version of PHGKB (v3.0) wa launched.
We launched the new version of PHGKB (v3.0) n 2/27/2018. The version features a new specialized database â?? HLBS-PopOmics which contains information that address the translation of genomic discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S). Check it out.
01/30/2018: New release of PHGKB (01/30/2018)
1. fix wrong number for AMD Clips Database tab
2. add PubMed Clinical Queries tab in search result page
3. split two tabs in search result page
4. Modified State Genomics Clickable Map that points to the database interface
5. Fix PharmGKB links
01/23/2018: A new blog was published.
"Public health genomics information is now easily accessible online", a new blog post about PHGKB authored by Wei Yu and Muin Khoury. Check it out.
11/27/2017: New release of PHGKB (11/20/2017) (v2.1)
1. HLBS PHGKB prototype
2. HLBS backend script
3. Add CDC author option in AMD Database
4. Increase Cancer PHGKB home loading speed by pre-processing Cancer related information
5. What's new displays more with HuGE if fewer than 10 records
6. Add API Key in FullAutoCurator script.
7. Add Category filter to Weekly Scan database
8. Remove guideline database
9. New display for search result page with Weekly Scan types
19. Cancer PHGKB, HLBS Omics, and infectious diseases PHGKB display changes
20. Add Ethical, Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) into statistics and search result tab including Cancer PHGKB and HLBS PHGKB
11/07/2017: Two training sessions for PHGKB/ MyPHGKB on November 28 and November 30 via Skype.
We are going to have two training sessions for PHGKB/ MyPHGKB on November 28 and November 30 via Skype. Please join us
10/17/2017: New release of PHGKB (10/17/2017) (v2.0.4)
1. Add Release Note page
2. Add option for email alert for Hot topic item
3. Background script for sending Hot Topic email alert
4. solve & encoding problem in URL rendering
5. Add hyperlinks to the home page on title for each database
6. Create Default image for hot topic cluster
09/04/2017: New release of PHGKB (9/14/2017) (v2.0.3)
1. add new tab for PharmaGKB in the search result page.
2. fix script (DownloadFile.jar)
3. myPHGKB, email alert is not allowed to be set until specific query is set
3. add GWAS catalog tab to search result page
4. add PharmGKB tab, PubMed Review tab and GWAS catalog tab in Cancer PHGKB page
5. add PharmGKB tab, PubMed Review tab and GWAS catalog tab in Infectious disease PHGKB page
6. remove restrictions on get All from databases except HuGE
7. Fix Weekly Scan record loading problem that caused loading failure if PubMed record from NCBI is bad.
8. Combined NCI and other NIH resources as a NIH tab in the search result
08/16/2017: A new feature was added to PHGKB
A new feature was added to PHGKB. In HuGE Literature Finder database you should be able to search GWAS Catalog records only by checking the option (GWAS Catalog Only). Check it out
08/08/2017: New release of PHGKB (8/8/2017) (v2.0.2)
1. GWAS Catalog option is available in HuGE Literature Finder search.
2. PubMed Review tab was added to the search result.
3. Apostrophe problem in query term was solved (e.g. Huntington's disease)
4. Selection criteria were posted for Genomics & Health Impact Weekly Scan and AMD Clips
07/20/2017: New release of PHGKB (7/20/2017) (v2.0.1)
1. took off the old PHGKB links
2. added linkage to GWAS Catalog in HuGE Literature Finder
3. fixed file upload glitches
06/27/2017: PHGKB v2.0 was launched.
On June 22, 2017, we launched the new version of PHGKB (version 2.0) that features MyPHGKB, a customizable service based on userâ??s preferences on many databases and specific topics of interest in the PHGKB. It also includes automatic email alert on updates of these data sources and topics which are defined by the user. Try it out! We also feature new user-friendly output of search results.
Check it out.
02/17/2017: New release of PHGKB (2/24/2017)
1.Added a new tab in Infectious Disease PHGKB for the web resources from NIAID.
2.Information display in Cancer PHGKB and Infectious Disease PHGKB was synchronized to the display from general search.
3.Added curation form for entering CDC Info, NCI info and NIAID info.
4.Enhanced the built-in tracking capacity.
5.Update Java environment to meet ITSO and OCISO security requirements.
6.Added title name for each page for accommodating the requirements from the communication team
7.Many bug fixes.
01/23/2017: A new release of PHGKB
A new deployment of PHGKB was done, simplified search result page including removing the middle section, adding tabs for Weekly Update Scan and AMD clip, and tabs in Specialized database shown only when the data for the database is available. Check it out.
12/20/2016: The new version of PHGKB (version 1.3)
The new version of PHGKB (version 1.3) features two new specialized knowledge bases, one on cancer and one for infectious diseases and new user-friendly output of search results. Check it out.
12/08/2016: Publication describing the new knowledge base (PHGKB) was published in Genet Med.
Yu W, Gwinn M, Dotson WD, Green RF, Clyne M, Wulf A, Bowen S, Kolor K, Khoury MJ. A knowledge base for tracking the impact of genomics on population health Genet Med.2016 Dec;18(12):1312-1314 Check it out
08/08/2016: New release of PHGKB was deployed (8/8/2016)
1. Rearrange the layout of the landing page and search result page
2. Phenopedia home page: typo "penopedia" in the About description
3. Change Spotlight to Announcement, the Annoucement will display if the content is defined in Spotlight curation form
4. Weekly scan archive was not listed in chronological order.
5. Clip archive was not listed in chronological order.
6. Map does not work in Firefox, Chrome and OS
7. Drop down for More Specific Information does not work and brings up the Error image See detail.
02/02/2016: New release of PHGKB was deployed (2/2/2016)
1.Display inactive implementation records in clickable state map
2.Disease Dropdown is not specific to the state in state page of state map
3.Add New Dropdown list for the choice (disease topic or other topic), and topic list will be displayed according ly
4.Add a flag called Implementation for AMD record which needs new field in the amd table. An image displaying for the record, a checkbox in the amd curation form
5.In AMD, change "CDC Author" to the image, and created in image for "Implementation" for the implmentation flag.
6.In global search, for a search term, no result shows no result indication rather than the error page
7.Change Discovery and Insight Database label to Hot Topic Database
8.Move the spotlight section in the clip page and make it to the similar to the Weekly Scan See detail.
10/16/2015: Public Health Genomics Knowlegebase (PHGKB) was officially launched.
The CDC Public Health Genomics Knowledge Base is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic discoveries into improved health care and disease prevention. The Knowledge Base is curated by CDC staff and is regularly updated to reflect ongoing developments in the field. This compendium of databases can be searched for genomics-related information on any specific topic. Check it out.
04/02/2014: Publication describing the methology for classifying genomics applications was published in Clin Pharmacol Ther.
Dotson WD, Douglas MP, Kolor K, Stewart AC, Bowen MS, Gwinn M, Wulf A, Anders HM, Chang CQ, Clyne M, Lam TK, Schully SD, Marrone M, Feero WG, Khoury MJ. Prioritizing genomic applications for action by level of evidence: a horizon-scanning method. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2014 Apr;95(4):394-402. Check it out.
01/09/2014: Publication describing the screening methology for Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database was published in Genet Med.
Clyne M, Schully SD, Dotson WD, Douglas MP, Gwinn M, Kolor K, Wulf A, Bowen MS, Khoury MJ. Horizon scanning for translational genomic research beyond bench to bedside. Genet Med. 2014 Jan 9. Check it out.
03/03/2011: Office of Public Health Genomics/CDC launches the CancerGEM KB
CDC Office of Public Health Genomics in collaboration with NCI Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences launches the CancerGEM KB: CancerGEM KB is an online resource for researchers, public health professionals, policy makers, and health care providers interested in the use of genomic information in cancer care and prevention. CancerGEM KB provides objective synthesis and timely dissemination of information on cancer human genome epidemiology (genetic associations, gene-environment interactions and gene prevalence information) and aggregated evidence on cancer genomic tests in transition to clinical and public health practice. CancerGEM KB also offers summary information on Genomic Tests through PLoS Currents Evidence on Genomic Tests, an open-access journal for systematic reviews and structured short summaries of evidence for the validity and utility of genetic tests.
01/01/2010: The publication describing Phenopedia and Genopedia was published in Bioinformatics
Yu W, Clyne M, Khoury MJ, Gwinn M. Phenopedia and Genopedia: Disease-centered and Gene-centered Views of the Evolving Knowledge of Human Genetic Associations. Bioinformatics. 2010 Jan 1;26(1):145-6. Epub 2009 Oct 27. Check it out.
12/11/2009: A new feature of HuGE Navigator
A new feature has been added to the Gene Prospector and Phenopedia applications . This feature dynamically creates a custom track in the UCSC Genome Browser for the list of genes returned by the application. Check it out.
12/03/2009: A new application, GWAS Integrator, was released in the HuGE Navigator
A new application, GWAS Integrator, was released in the HuGE Navigator. This tool allows robust data mining of all published GWAS (genome-wide association studies) using NHGRIâ??s GWAS catalog, NIHâ??s HapMap, the Broad Instituteâ??s SNAP, USCS Genome Browser
08/27/2009: Datasets for Phenopedia and Genopedia are available for downloading as text files via the links provided on their respective home pages.
Datasets for Phenopedia and Genopedia are available for downloading as text files via the links provided on their respective home pages. Check it out
12/08/2008: A publication was published in BMC Bioinformatics
Yu W, Wulf A, Liu T, Khoury MJ, Gwinn M. Gene Prospector: an evidence gateway for evaluating potential susceptibility genes and interacting risk factors for human diseases. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008 Dec 8; 9:528 Check it out.
09/10/2008: A new version of HuGE Navigator (1.2) was launched on 9/10/2008
A new version of HuGE Navigator (1.2) was launched on ?/?/2008 with one new application, Gene Prospector. Gene Prospector is an evidence gateway for evaluating genes in relation to diseases and risk factors. Check it out
09/08/2008: A new category has been added to the database for indexing research articles on mitochondrial genomics.
A new category has been added to the database for indexing research articles on mitochondrial genomics. Users can view this new category in HuGE Literature Finder and HuGE Watch.
Capacity for downloading query results has been added to Phenopedia and Genopedia.
09/03/2008: A new application, Variant Name Mapper, has been launched in HuGE Navigator.
A new application, Variant Name Mapper, has been launched in HuGE Navigator. Variant Name Mapper is designed to map common names for genetic variants to their corresponding rs numbers Check it out.
07/16/2008: New version of HuGE Navigator 1.2
A new version of HuGE Navigator (1.2) has been launched. The new version contains one new application, Gene Prospector. Gene Prospector is an evidence gateway for evaluating genes in relation to diseases and risk factors. The PubMed IDs and corresponding indexed genes are downloadable from HuGE Literature Finder homepage. A few bugs were also fixed.
04/23/2008: New publication was published in BMC Bioinformatics
New publication, GAPscreener: An Automatic Tool for Screening Human Genetic Association Literature in PubMed Using the Support Vector Machine Technique BMC Bioinformatics [again, should link to the provisional PDF you can grab from www.biomedcentral.com/bmcbioinformatics] 2008, 9:205, Wei Yu, Melinda Clyne, Siobhan M Dolan, Ajay Yesupriya, Anja Wulf, Tiebin Liu, Muin J Khoury, and Marta Gwinn Check it out.
04/08/2008: A new version of HuGE Navigator (1.1) has been launched.
A new version of HuGE Navigator (1.1) has been launched. The new version contains two new renovated components, Genopedia and Phenopedia. Genopedia provides gene-centered summaries of gene-disease associations and Phenopedia provides disease-centered summaries. A download feature was added to the HuGE Literature Finder. A few bugs were also fixed.
03/18/2008: Data exchange with Entrez Gene
Entrez Gene (link to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=gene) and HuGE Navigator initiated a collaboration. A link to HuGE_Navigator has been added to the menu at the right side of the full report page in Entrez Gene. From HuGE_Navigator, there is a link back to Entrez Gene. HuGE Navigator supplies Entrez Gene with the PubMed identifiers for citations HuGE Navigator staff curated for human genes.
02/01/2008: The publication describing HuGE Navigator was published in Nature Genetics
Yu W, Gwinn M, Clyne M, Yesupriya A, Khoury MJ. A navigator for human genome epidemiology. Nat Genet. 2008 Feb;40(2):124-5. Check it out.
11/02/2007: A publication was published in BMC Bioinformatics
Yu W, Yesupriya A, Wulf A, Qu J, Khoury MJ, Gwinn M. An open source infrastructure for managing knowledge and finding potential collaborators in a domain-specific subset of PubMed, with an example from human genome epidemiology. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007 Nov 9;8:436. Check it out.
06/20/2007: A publication was published in BMC Med Inform Decis Mak
Yu W, Yesupriya A, Wulf A, Qu J, Gwinn M, Khoury MJ. An automatic method to generate domain-specific investigator networks using PubMed abstracts. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 2007 Jun 20;7(1):17. Check it out.