Last Posted: Jun 24, 2022
- Migration and newborn screening: time to build on the European Asylum, Integration and Migration Fund?
Tsagkaris Christos et al. The European journal of contraception & reproductive health care : the official journal of the European Society of Contraception 2022 1-5
- Improving Harmonization and Standardization of Expanded Newborn Screening Results by Optimization of the Legacy Flow Injection Analysis Tandem Mass Spectrometry Methods and Application of a Standardized Calibration Approach.
Carling Rachel S et al. Clinical chemistry 2022
- The cost-effectiveness of newborn screening for spinal muscular atrophy.
Landfeldt Erik et al. Developmental medicine and child neurology 2022
- Using Long-Term Follow-Up Data to Classify Genetic Variants in Newborn Screened Conditions.
Wilhelm Kevin et al. Frontiers in genetics 2022 13859837
- Population Genomic Screening is Here: We Need Evidence on Health Impact and Optimal Implementation
MJ Khoury et al, CDC Blog Post, June 21, 2022
- Expanded newborn bloodspot screening: developed country examples and what can be done in Turkey.
Fidan Çaglar et al. Intractable & rare diseases research 2022 11(2) 63-69
- Financial cost and quality of life of patients with spinal muscular atrophy identified by symptoms or newborn screening.
Dangouloff Tamara et al. Developmental medicine and child neurology 2022
- Inborn error of metabolism precipitated by COVID-19: challenges in the absence of an expanded newborn screening as state health programmes.
Olety Priyanka et al. BMJ case reports 2022 15(6)
- Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop: The Resiliency of Newborn Screening Programs during the COVID-19 Pandemic
A Gaviglio, CDC Blog Post, June 14, 2022
- Estimating the Prevalence of Rare Diseases: Long-Chain Fatty Acid Oxidation Disorders as an Illustrative Example.
Kruger Eliza et al. Advances in therapy 2022
- Five-year performance analysis of a cystic fibrosis newborn screening program in northeastern Brazil.
Godoy Carolina et al. Jornal de pediatria 2022
- A Custom-Made Newborn Screening Test for Wilson's Disease in Puerto Rico.
Vicario-Feliciano Raquel et al. Cureus 2022 14(4) e24446
- Education and Consent for Population-Based DNA Screening: A Mixed-Methods Evaluation of the Early Check Newborn Screening Pilot Study.
Peay Holly L et al. Frontiers in genetics 2022 13891592
- Experiences of Families Caring for Children with Newborn Screening-Related Conditions: Implications for the Expansion of Genomics in Population-Based Neonatal Public Health Programs.
Bush Lynn et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2022 8(2)
- Towards Achieving Equity and Innovation in Newborn Screening across Europe.
Sikonja Jaka et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2022 8(2)
- Use of Online Newborn Screening Educational Resources for the Education of Expectant Parents: An Improvement in Equity.
Thompson Kristen et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2022 8(2)
- A Public Dialogue to Inform the Use of Wider Genomic Testing When Used as Part of Newborn Screening to Identify Cystic Fibrosis.
Kinsella Suzannah et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2022 8(2)
- Introducing Newborn Screening for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency-The New Zealand Experience.
Heather Natasha et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2022 8(2)
- Accelerating the Pace of Newborn Screening Research to Advance Disease Understanding and Improve Health Outcomes:: Key Efforts of the Newborn Screening Translational Research Network (NBSTRN).
Brower Amy et al. Delaware journal of public health 2022 7(5) 36-37
- Lymphocyte Medium-Chain Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase Activity and Its Potential as a Diagnostic Confirmation Tool in Newborn Screening Cases.
Alcaide Patricia et al. Journal of clinical medicine 2022 11(10)
Reproductive and Child Health PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to reproductive and child Health...more
- CDC Information (25)
- NIH Information (2)
- COVID-19 (5)
- CDC Publications (34)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (213)
- GWAS Studies (1)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (858)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (109)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (39)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (8)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (2)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (2)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (85)
- Reviews/Commentaries (497)
- Tools/Methods (23)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (38)
Common RCH Related Topics
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Birth Defects
- Carrier Testing
- Cerebral Palsy
- Congenital heart defects
- Pregnancy loss
- Developmental Disabilities
- Gestational Diabetes
- Hearing loss
- Neural tube defects
- Infant Mortality
- Learning disability
- Newborn Screening
- Prenatal Testing
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.