Last Posted: Aug 08, 2019
- Identification of Waardenburg Syndrome and the Management of Hearing Loss and Associated Sequelae: A Review for the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
Ringer Jonathan et al. Journal of pediatric health care : official publication of National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates & Practitioners 2019 Jul
- New Genotypes and Phenotypes in Patients with 3 Subtypes of Waardenburg Syndrome Identified by Diagnostic Next-Generation Sequencing.
Li Wu et al. Neural plasticity 2019 20197143458
- A Comprehensive Genetic and Clinical Evaluation of Waardenburg Syndrome Type II in a Set of Iranian Patients.
Jalilian Nazanin et al. International journal of molecular and cellular medicine 2018 7(1) 17-23
- Role of Targeted Next Generation Sequencing in the Etiological Work-Up of Congenitally Deaf Children.
Boudewyns An et al. Otology & neurotology : official publication of the American Otological Society, American Neurotology Society [and] European Academy of Otology and Neurotology 2018 Jul 39(6) 732-738
- The outcome of cochlear implantation among children with genetic syndromes.
Alzhrani Farid et al. European archives of oto-rhino-laryngology : official journal of the European Federation of Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Societies (EUFOS) : affiliated with the German Society for Oto-Rhino-Laryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 2017 Dec
- Outcomes of evaluation and testing of 660 individuals with hearing loss in a pediatric genetics of hearing loss clinic.
Mehta Devanshi et al. American journal of medical genetics. Part A 2016 Aug
- Application of a New Genetic Deafness Microarray for Detecting Mutations in the Deaf in China.
Wu Hong et al. PloS one 2016 11(3) e0151909
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.