Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
Last Posted: Aug 20, 2020
- Post-mortem genetic investigation of cardiac disease-associated genes in sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) cases.
Köffer Jasmin et al. International journal of legal medicine 2020 Aug
- A Review of Long QT Syndrome: Everything a Hospitalist Should Know.
Sharma Nandita et al. Hospital pediatrics 2020 Mar
- What Causes SIDS? Thousands of infants die unexpectedly each year, and experts are working to figure out why.
C Arnold, New York Times, June 2019
- Reappraisal of variants previously linked with sudden infant death syndrome: results from three population-based cohorts.
Paludan-Müller Christian, et al. European journal of human genetics : EJHG 2019 5 0.
- Exome-Wide Rare Variant Analyses in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
Tester David J et al. The Journal of pediatrics 2018 Sep
- Management of survivors of cardiac arrest - the importance of genetic investigation.
Schwartz Peter J et al. Nature reviews. Cardiology 2016 13(9) 560-6
- Noncardiac genetic predisposition in sudden infant death syndrome.
Gray Belinda et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2018 Aug
- CLINGEN Actionability Report for Brugada Syndrome - SCN5A
ClinGen Actionability Working Group
- Diagnostic potential of stored dried blood spots for inborn errors of metabolism: a metabolic autopsy of medium-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency.
Kaku Noriyuki et al. Journal of clinical pathology 2018 May
- Gene therapy helps patients avoid blood transfusion, study says
CNN, Apr 19, 2018
- Cardiac Genetic Predisposition in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
Tester David J et al. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2018 Mar 71(11) 1217-1227
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Genetics: Don't Throw Out the Infant With the Dirty Water.
Schwartz Peter J et al. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2018 Mar 71(11) 1228-1230
- Emerging Implications of Genetic Testing in Inherited Primary Arrhythmia Syndromes.
Asatryan Babken et al. Cardiology in review 2018 Mar
- Sudden infant death syndrome and inherited cardiac conditions.
Baruteau Alban-Elouen et al. Nature reviews. Cardiology 2017 Sep
- Sudden infant death syndrome due to long QT syndrome: a brief review of the genetic substrate and prevalence.
Ioakeimidis Nikolaos S et al. Journal of biological research (Thessalonike, Greece) 2017 Dec 246
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.