Sickle Cell Anemia
Last Posted: Feb 18, 2021
- Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Delays in Children 0 to 5 Years of Age With Sickle Cell Disease: A Systematic Literature Review.
Knight La'Kita M J et al. Journal of pediatric hematology/oncology 2021 Feb
- Sickle cell anemia/sickle cell disease and pregnancy outcomes among ethnic tribes in India: an integrative mini-review.
Ganesh Balasubramanian et al. The journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine : the official journal of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians 2021 Feb 1-8
- [Evaluation and perspective of 20 years of neonatal screening in Galicia. Program results.]
Sánchez Pintos Paula et al. Revista espanola de salud publica 2020 Dec 94
- [Results of the neonatal screening on Western Andalusia after a decade of experience.]
Delgado-Pecellín Carmen et al. Revista espanola de salud publica 2020 Dec 94
- Hemoglobin Disorders Among Anemic Patients: a Cross-Sectional Study from Jeddah City, Western Saudi Arabia.
Alzahrani Majed et al. Clinical laboratory 2020 Dec 66(12)
- A literature review on the parvovirus B19 infection in sickle cell anemia and β-thalassemia patients.
Soltani Saber et al. Tropical medicine and health 2020 Dec 48(1) 96
- CRISPR gene therapy shows promise against blood diseases
H Ledford, Nature News, December 10, 2020
- Significance of heme oxygenase-1(HMOX1) gene on fetal hemoglobin induction in sickle cell anemia patients.
Hariharan Priya et al. Scientific reports 2020 Oct 10(1) 18506
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Patients with Hemoglobinopathies.
Yesilipek M Akif et al. Hemoglobin 2020 Oct 1-8
- An Innovative Multilevel Test for Hemoglobinopathies: TGA/Chemometrics Simultaneously Identifies and Classifies Sickle Cell Disease From Thalassemia.
Risoluti Roberta et al. Frontiers in molecular biosciences 2020 7141
- Fetal Hemoglobin in Sickle Cell Anemia.
Steinberg Martin H et al. Blood 2020 Aug
- Hydroxyurea Dose Escalation for Sickle Cell Anemia in Sub-Saharan Africa
CC John et al, NEJM, June 25, 2020
- Sickle Cell Anemia in Cuba: Prevention and Management, 1982-2018.
Marcheco-Teruel Beatriz et al. MEDICC review 2019 Oct 21(4) 34-38
- Performance of ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes for identifying children with Sickle Cell Anemia.
Reeves Sarah L et al. Health services research 2020 Jan
- Should We Sequence the Genome of Every Newborn?
Scientific American Blog, December 2019
- Progress in pediatrics in 2015: choices in allergy, endocrinology, gastroenterology, genetics, haematology, infectious diseases, neonatology, nephrology, neurology, nutrition, oncology and pulmonology.
Caffarelli Carlo et al. Italian journal of pediatrics 2016 Aug 42(1) 75
- Crispr Takes Its First Steps in Editing Genes to Fight Cancer
D Grady, NY Times, November 6, 2019
- Prevalence and Genetic Analysis of α - and β -Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Anemia in Southwest Iran.
Nezhad Forozan H et al. Journal of epidemiology and global health 2018 8(3-4) 189-195
- The wild west of prenatal genetic testing
A Ramchandani, Mashable, August 2019
- Multicenter Evaluation of HemoTypeSC as a Point-of-Care Sickle Cell Disease Rapid Diagnostic Test for Newborns and Adults Across India.
Mukherjee Malay B et al. American journal of clinical pathology 2019 Aug
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
- NIH Information (3)
- COVID-19 (3)
- CDC Publications (2)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (232)
- GWAS Studies (7)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (26)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (3)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (9)
- Reviews/Commentaries (28)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (2)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.