Last Posted: Jul 24, 2020
- Monitoring and treatment of MDS in genetically susceptible persons.
Davies Stella M et al. Hematology. American Society of Hematology. Education Program 2019 2019(1) 105-109
- Hereditary Predisposition to Hematopoietic Neoplasms: When Bloodline Matters for Blood Cancers.
Mangaonkar Abhishek A et al. Mayo Clinic proceedings 2020 Jun
- Clinical features and outcomes of patients with Shwachman-Diamond syndrome and myelodysplastic syndrome or acute myeloid leukaemia: a multicentre, retrospective, cohort study.
Myers Kasiani C et al. The Lancet. Haematology 2019 Dec
- Old and new tools in the clinical diagnosis of inherited bone marrow failure syndromes.
West Allison H et al. Hematology. American Society of Hematology. Education Program 2017 2017(1) 79-87
- Acquired and germline predisposition to bone marrow failure: Diagnostic features and clinical implications.
Kallen Michael E et al. Seminars in hematology 2019 56(1) 69-82
- Genetic Information-Seeking Behaviors and Knowledge among Family Members and Patients with Inherited Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes.
Hamilton Jada G et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2015 Oct 24(5) 760-70
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.