Last Posted: Jul 09, 2020
- Biology and grading of pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma-what have we learned about it?
Vaubel Rachael, et al. Brain pathology (Zurich, Switzerland) 2020 7
- The genetic landscape of anaplastic pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma.
Phillips Joanna J, et al. Brain pathology (Zurich, Switzerland) 2019 1 (1) 85-96
- BRAF V600E, TERT, and IDH2 Mutations in Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytoma: Observations from a Large Case-Series Study.
Ma Chengxin, et al. World neurosurgery 2018 9
- Targeted next-generation sequencing of pediatric neuro-oncology patients improves diagnosis, identifies pathogenic germline mutations, and directs targeted therapy.
Kline Cassie N et al. Neuro-oncology 2017 19(5) 699-709
- Vemurafenib in Multiple Nonmelanoma Cancers with BRAF V600 Mutations.
Hyman David M, et al. The New England journal of medicine 2015 8 (8) 726-36
- Comparison of 2 monoclonal antibodies for immunohistochemical detection of BRAF V600E mutation in malignant melanoma, pulmonary carcinoma, gastrointestinal carcinoma, thyroid carcinoma, and gliomas.
Routhier Caitlin Ann, et al. Human pathology 2013 11 (11) 2563-70
- BRAF V600E mutations are common in pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma: diagnostic and therapeutic implications.
Dias-Santagata D, et al. PloS one 2011 4 (3) 3
- Analysis of BRAF V600E mutation in 1,320 nervous system tumors reveals high mutation frequencies in pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma, ganglioglioma and extra-cerebellar pilocytic astrocytoma.
Schindler Genevieve, et al. Acta neuropathologica 2011 3 (3) 397-405
- Pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma
From NCATS Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.