Multicentric Castleman Disease
Last Posted: Sep 15, 2019
- This med student was given last rites before finding a treatment that saved his life. His method could help millions
R Pryor, CNN, September 14, 2019
- Novel insights and therapeutic approaches in idiopathic multicentric Castleman disease.
Fajgenbaum David C et al. Hematology. American Society of Hematology. Education Program 2018 Nov 2018(1) 318-325
- Human herpesvirus 6, 7, and 8 in solid organ transplantation: Guidelines from the American Society of Transplantation Infectious Diseases Community of Practice.
Pellett Madan Rebecca et al. Clinical transplantation 2019 Mar e13518
- Interleukin-6 receptor polymorphism is prevalent in HIV-negative Castleman Disease and is associated with increased soluble interleukin-6 receptor levels.
Stone K, et al. PloS one 2013 2 (1) 1
- Multicentric Castleman Disease
From NCATS Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.