Last Posted: Feb 02, 2021
- Spectrum analysis of inborn errors of metabolism for expanded newborn screening in a northwestern Chinese population.
Zhang Ruixue et al. Scientific reports 2021 Jan 11(1) 2699
- Plasma Methylcitric Acid and Its Correlations With Other Disease Biomarkers: The Impact in The Follow Up of Patients With Propionic and Methylmalonic Acidemia.
Maines E et al. Journal of inherited metabolic disease 2020 Jul
- Inborn errors of metabolism detectable by tandem mass spectrometry in Beijing.
Yang Nan et al. Journal of pediatric endocrinology & metabolism : JPEM 2020 Apr
- Reducing False-Positive Results in Newborn Screening Using Machine Learning.
Peng Gang et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2020 Mar 6(1)
- Retrospective evaluation of the Dutch pre-newborn screening cohort for propionic acidemia and isolated methylmalonic acidemia: what to aim, expect and evaluate from newborn screening?
Haijes H A et al. Journal of inherited metabolic disease 2019 Dec
- Expanded Newborn Screening for Inborn Errors of Metabolism by Tandem Mass Spectrometry in Suzhou, China: Disease Spectrum, Prevalence, Genetic Characteristics in a Chinese Population.
Wang Ting et al. Frontiers in genetics 2019 101052
- Pregnancy outcomes of reciprocal translocation carriers with two or more unfavorable pregnancy histories: before and after preimplantation genetic testing.
Huang Caiyi et al. Journal of assisted reproduction and genetics 2019 Sep
- Combining newborn metabolic and DNA analysis for second-tier testing of methylmalonic acidemia.
Peng Gang et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2019 21(4) 896-903
- [Heterogeneous phenotypes, genotypes, treatment and prevention of 1 003 patients with methylmalonic acidemia in the mainland of China].
Liu Y et al. Zhonghua er ke za zhi = Chinese journal of pediatrics 2018 Jun 56(6) 414-420
- Newborn Screening for Methylmalonic Acidemia in a Chinese Population: Molecular Genetic Confirmation and Genotype Phenotype Correlations.
Zhou Wei et al. Frontiers in genetics 2018 9726
- A comprehensive multiplex PCR based exome-sequencing assay for rapid bloodspot confirmation of inborn errors of metabolism.
Wang Wenjie et al. BMC medical genetics 2019 Jan 20(1) 3
- CLINGEN Actionability Report for Methylmalonic Academia - MUT, MMAA, MMAB, MMADHC, MCEE, MMACHC
ClinGen Actionability Working Group
- Diversity in the incidence and spectrum of organic acidemias, fatty acid oxidation disorders, and amino acid disorders in Asian countries: Selective screening vs. expanded newborn screening.
Shibata Naoaki et al. Molecular genetics and metabolism reports 2018 Sep 165-10
- Inborn errors of metabolism detectable by tandem mass spectrometry in Egypt: The first newborn screening pilot study.
Hassan Fayza A et al. Journal of medical screening 2016 Sep 23(3) 124-9
- Targeted metabolomics in the expanded newborn screening for inborn errors of metabolism.
Scolamiero Emanuela et al. Molecular bioSystems 2015 Jun 11(6) 1525-35
New research reveals unintended consequences of inappropriate medical food use in managing patients with a type of metabolic disorder
NIH Research News, August, 2015
- A critical reappraisal of dietary practices in methylmalonic acidemia raises concerns about the safety of medical foods. Part 1: isolated methylmalonic acidemias.
Manoli Irini et al. Genet. Med. 2015 Aug 13.
- A critical reappraisal of dietary practices in methylmalonic acidemia raises concerns about the safety of medical foods. Part 2: cobalamin C deficiency.
Manoli Irini et al. Genet. Med. 2015 Aug 13.
- Check out genetic conditions and tests associated with methylmalonic acidemia
from the NIH Genetic Testing Registry
- Cost-effectiveness of liver transplantation in methylmalonic and propionic acidemias.
Li Meng et al. Liver Transpl. 2015 May 19.
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.