Last Posted: Oct 14, 2021
- Emerging drugs for hemophilia A: insights into phase II and III clinical trials.
Kizilocak Hande et al. Expert opinion on emerging drugs 2021
- What is a ‘serious’ genetic condition? The perceptions of people living with genetic conditions
FK Boardman et al, EJHG, September 27, 2021
- Gene therapy for hemophilia: Current status and laboratory consequences.
Batty Paul et al. International journal of laboratory hematology 2021 43 Suppl 1117-123
E Berntorp et al, Nature Dis Primers., June 24, 2021
- Prediction of hemophilia A severity using a small-input machine-learning framework.
Lopes Tiago J S et al. NPJ systems biology and applications 2021 7(1) 22
- Optimizing language for effective communication of gene therapy concepts with hemophilia patients: a qualitative study.
Hart Daniel P et al. Orphanet journal of rare diseases 2021 16(1) 189
- Gene therapy may not be as expensive as people think: challenges in assessing the value of single and short-term therapies.
Garrison Louis P et al. Journal of managed care & specialty pharmacy 2021 27(5) 674-681
- Data from CDC’s hemophilia surveillance programs can help prevent or reduce hemophilia-related health problems
CDC, March 2021
- Health care resource utilization and costs among adult patients with hemophilia A on factor VIII prophylaxis: an administrative claims analysis.
Croteau Stacy E et al. Journal of managed care & specialty pharmacy 2021 27(3) 316-326
- Evaluation of CDC's Hemophilia Surveillance Program - Universal Data Collection (1998-2011) and Community Counts (2011-2019), United States.
Schieve Laura A et al. Morbidity and mortality weekly report. Surveillance summaries (Washington, D.C. : 2002) 2020 Sep (5) 1-18
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
- CDC Information (18)
- NIH Information (8)
- COVID-19 (20)
- CDC Publications (12)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (154)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (3)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (4)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (1)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (7)
- Reviews/Commentaries (16)
- Tools/Methods (1)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.