Last Posted: Oct 26, 2021
- Neurological complications after first dose of COVID-19 vaccines and SARS-CoV-2 infection
M Patone et al, Nature Medicine, October 25, 2021
- Familial associations for Addison disease and between Addison disease and other autoimmune diseases.
Thomsen Hauke et al. Endocrine connections 2020 Oct
- Genetic polymorphisms in Guillain-Barré Syndrome: A field synopsis and systematic meta-analysis.
Zhao Yating et al. Autoimmunity reviews 2020 Sep 102665
- Autoimmunity in Guillain-Barré syndrome associated with Zika virus infection and beyond.
Pinto-Díaz Carlos A et al. Autoimmunity reviews 2017 Feb
- Zika Virus Infection as a Cause of Congenital Brain Abnormalities and GuillainBarré Syndrome: Systematic Review
F Krauer et al, PLOS Medicine, January 3, 2017
- Zika and Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Human Leukocyte Antigen DQB1 (HLA-DQB1) Polymorphisms and the Risk for Guillain-Barré Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
Jin Peng-Peng et al. PloS one 2015 (7) e0131374
- Biomarkers of Guillain-Barré Syndrome: Some Recent Progress, More Still to Be Explored.
Wang Ying et al. Mediators of inflammation 2015 564098
- Guillain-Barré syndrome Q & A
- What is Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS)?
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.